AVIC411.com

AppRadio 4 with CarPlay just announced - finally...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't one there anymore, but there is one when you enter carplay unfortunately.

It is better though as if you just want radio, iPod, USB or bluetooth you don't have to put up with it. Personally, only bother plugging in my phone and using carplay if it's a long journey so it's not as bad. For all the little journeys where you don't do that, you're straight in now.

There isn't one there anymore, but there is one when you enter carplay unfortunately.

It is better though as if you just want radio, iPod, USB or bluetooth you don't have to put up with it. Personally, only bother plugging in my phone and using carplay if it's a long journey so it's not as bad. For all the little journeys where you don't do that, you're straight in now.

That's great!

And if I remember you said that you can play music via Bluetooth from your iPhone without plugging it to the car play interface, right?

Ok. Just did a test run with my harness. Everything works ok. I'm still waiting on my microbypass so the parking wire is not connected to anything.

I got car play to work but my biggest issue is that I can't seem to get the onscreen keyboard to appear in Apple maps. I go to search for a destination and Siri pops up asking me where I want to go but there is no keyboard icon as stated in an earlier post. Does anyone know if this is because I don't have my bypass? I'm hoping its some security feature that's disabling the keyboard because the appradio thinks I'm "driving".

Does this work for both the music app and the Podcast app?

It does, but the podcast seems slightly fiddly but I think that is the fault of the phone rather than the HU because the behaviour is very similar to when you start music or podcasts from the control centre. Basically, if you've been listening to a podcast, then what you see is all the podcasts when you browse. If you've been listening to music/audiobooks or anything that the music app plays, you see all of that. What you can do though is tell Siri what to play and it always works.

When you are on carplay, they are separate apps so you just select the one you want.

JJ, your right about the keyboard. I have a European version and only have the keyboatd with the parking brake on, I've since grounded the parking wire and get the keyboatd all the time now.

Everything seems to work but appradio, I've got the hdmi and lightning cable into the apple adaptor but still nothing.

Grant

Everything seems to work but appradio, I've got the hdmi and lightning cable into the apple adaptor but still nothing.

Grant

If I remember well you can enable App Radio mode or Car Play, but not the 2 at the same time. Which make me say App Radio is going to die soon...

Poor choice of words by me. Ok I'll start again. Reset the unit and paired my iPhone 6 with Bluetooth. Set the connection to av adaptor and turned CarPlay off. When I connect my phone via the av adaptor and open appradio on it I get the blue bar at the top of the phone screen.

If I select hdmi on the radio I get a box with apps on the top left with an icon below of appradio. Selecting appradio on the radio I get a connected screen on the phone but the radio screen remains blank. Tapping around the radio screen will launch apps on the phone but no dilay on the radio.

I'm starting to think my av adaptor is knackered.

Grant