lowest $$ for pioneer avic d3

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The best way to get the best deal is to find a good local shop that carries the brands you like to use,buy something at a fair market price a few times from them then you will see the prices start to fall. Ive been dealing with hifibuys of nashville(no its not tweeters hehe)now for 20 years and i get stuff really cheap. loalty will save you a lot in the long run. I wanted to get d3 but although they are pioneer dealer they dont stock the d3.well i wanted my d3 now(duh i shoulda known better)so i went to my local electronics express store and talked the guy into a 100 off the asking price they had on the display and thought wow thats not a bad deal.well i get home and go to install the d3 and first notice theres no plate for the gps, then no extension wires, then no faceplate,etc. No they didnt! yes they did! I had just bought not only open box item but a preinstalled in someones elses ride returned item.I couldnt beleive they would try to pass something like that as new. I went back and said hey i want that other one there on the shelf and low and behold to my surprise it was used as well so the manager says well have it from our warehouse in 2 days so it was a total of 4 days.I shoulda just had hifi buys order it and prolly would have saved time and money.prolly even got it in the same amount of days. I wont do buisness with EE again for trying to take me for a noob. Well thats just an experience I had trying to get what i wanted cheap and now!

fraimr8 you say you have been a loyal customer at hifibuys for 20 years and talked this other store down 100$ for an OPEN BOXED item? Wouldnt you have known what an open box item is if you have been so savy as to be in the industry for 20 years? Im confused with your statement. Not that i side with anyone in particular but it would seem that you knew exactly what you were getting considering they lowered the price.

I just called a local "electronic giant" like a curciut city type and i told them crutchfield was giving me the D3 for $850. they said they would price match. Can you guys show me how to get a cart set up from any reputable website to show the D3 for about $850. Hopefully they honor their word............ I'm gonna throw a fit in the store if they dont cause i know they try and pull that crap sometime. They also siad its in their warehouse but if i request one they can have it to me by moday or tuesday. i told them if not i would cancel............

I'd use the links above, print out the pages, and take it into the big box retailer for them to match. I found one on there for $650, but that one was refurbished.

Good luck! That'd be cool if you got it for $850. I bought mine at Brandsmart for $898. I think I got a great deal, but would love an extra 50 bucks!

fraimr8 you say you have been a loyal customer at hifibuys for 20 years and talked this other store down 100$ for an OPEN BOXED item? Wouldnt you have known what an open box item is if you have been so savy as to be in the industry for 20 years? Im confused with your statement. Not that i side with anyone in particular but it would seem that you knew exactly what you were getting considering they lowered the price.

not only that, but what pioneer dealer just decides not to carry the d3? its only like the hottest selling piece ever. i dont think we've installed any other navi unit but the d3 since it came out

I must say I didnt realize it was until i went to install it and took a better look at what was in the small brown box. The unit itself looked to be in untouched condition which was my original concern at the store. As far as why i didnt know is because this is my first indash nav unit so even though i read this forum and others post before hand I didnt realize how much extra wiring, etc. would be in the box. The point was that I had no idea it was opened or more like used because they didnt say it,write it or anything else. That was my point,new customer= get screwed alot of times and thats not cool.I mean the wiring harness upon closer inspection had just been cut off all at once like they used some heavy duty kline cutters hehe. dont get me wrong im not a professional installer, a sound off competitor, but I am a long time car audio enthusiast. I love the sound of a car system to me its better then home stereo in all the right ways. As far as the amount I paid for the unit. I never said it was the best deal. I stated that if I was willing to wait I coulda got this unit unbeleiveably cheap, But I chose not to wait for the shop i use to have it shipped.instead I went to EE and almost got ripped. If I woulda let them install it that day i may have never even known it was used/open box and that is not cool when you are practicaly paying full pop and they are not selling it as openbox. why does hifi buys nashville not carry the d3?they said they only carry one of the cheaper pioneer decks this year. seems they may stop carrying pioneer all together. I personally have always liked the pioneer units but except for a couple occasions I usually go with alpine. I just wasnt very impressed with my last alpine,Something about it at louder volumes just didnt impress me. Yes at 38 years old and being in car audio since my first car at 16. I have had a system or ten beleive it or not!hehe.My original post was not meant to make anyone mad but simply to discourage peeps from getting into a position that may "be too good to be true" or just not worth the savings in the long run. Hell ive prolly spent at least 30 grand in my lifetime on car audio and about 99% of that was at hifi buys of nashville. I shouldnt have strayed is all i was saying.period

I went to EE and almost got ripped. If I woulda let them install it that day i may have never even known it was used/open box and that is not cool when you are practicaly paying full pop and they are not selling it as openbox.

no problem fraimr8, I just was pointing out that you did know it was opened box, they didnt sell it as anything different. You also did get a discount of $100 and because of that it doesnt appear they were 'ripping" you off. The price is the price you can like it or not but it sounds like you got exactly what you thought you were getting by all accounts from what you said earlier. But glad you are set up now the way you like. enjoy