AVIC411.com

PIONEER Z1 or D3

hi, im quite new here but ive been on the site for a while just havent signed up yet... so this is what it is. im contemplating whether to get the avic d3 or z1 im not sure what to get at this point because im quite confused lol i saw the d3 today in store it looks nice but the screen is kind of small i was wondering if it was a big difference as opposed to the Z1. Im also looking at the price too because i can get the D3 for 850 as opposed to the Z1 for 1700 and as far as i know the D3 screen isnt motorized to change angles anyways write me back asap thanks i just need to make a solid choice!

hard drive music, because Z1 cannot play CD mp3, you have to RIP the music CD into the HDD, all .wav format, consider .wav files are pretty large, avg around 13 songs in 650 mb CD, 10 gb will gives you less than 260 songs. Whereas D3 can play CD/DVD mp3, 5 mb max per song, a 4GB DVD u have about 800 songs in 1 DVD, plus fully ipod integration and IPOD video on screen.

Z1 has voice command (which isn't a big deal IMO, better off pressing the buttons i guess), direction on speech, probably faster reroute. If these 3 are ur concern for the extra $$, go for Z1, otherwise, D3 hands down the most money efficient unit hands down

1) Z1 is HDD based so route calcuations are fast. I know the DVD disc based are slower. Plus I have disc drive thats always available no matter what.

2) 7 Inch LCD Screen.

3) 10 gb for music

These are a HUGE deal maker/Breakers for me and the D3 does not fit my needs.

you have to RIP the music CD into the HDD, all .wav format

Already been anwered but... Page 115 of the owners manual:

"The data is recorded using a highly efficient compression method, so the sound may slightly differ from the original depending on the sound source. Noise may be heard in some cases, but this is not an malfunction."

So according to Pioneer, it's definitely not .WAV

have over 50 cd's on the hard drive and it still has plenty of empty space.

ditto!