AVIC411.com

Updated Bypass Instructions for the Avic Z1, Z2, and Z3

What does the connector look like? So i can just buy one and put it in and ground that pin. Is it male or female? Do you by any chance have a picture of the type of connector needed to add to pin 2 in order to add wire and ground?

It would be on the page I liked to in the first post in this thread.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the connector look like? So i can just buy one and put it in and ground that pin. Is it male or female? Do you by any chance have a picture of the type of connector needed to add to pin 2 in order to add wire and ground?

It would be on the page I liked to in the first post in this thread.

I meant the type of connector inside the harness instead of removing it from the "cell mute" and using that one, i rather purchase the connector to make it myself and add it to the harness to then ground it.

I meant the type of connector inside the harness instead of removing it from the "cell mute" and using that one, i rather purchase the connector to make it myself and add it to the harness to then ground it.

Ahh, the terminal on the end of the wire? I'm sure pioneer does not make it from scratch, but no one knows what make/model/part number it is, sorry. You can pull one out and hunt through the digikey or mouser catalog with calipers, but no one has done that yet.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ducatiboy, I'm working on my Z1 right now, don't know what year it was made because I bougt it used. I tried grounding the two wires, works fine but when the vehicle is moving, a warning message comes up and z1 shuts the movie off. Does this mean I need to get the bypass module you sell? Thanks in advance.

Glenn

Just do the bluetooth update and the two-wire bypass should work

Hi Ducatiboy, I'm working on my Z1 right now, don't know what year it was made because I bougt it used. I tried grounding the two wires, works fine but when the vehicle is moving, a warning message comes up and z1 shuts the movie off. Does this mean I need to get the bypass module you sell? Thanks in advance.

Glenn

• 3 weeks later...
Where do I ground the wires?

Not to sound negative, but if you don't know where to ground a wire in a vehicle, then perhaps it safer that you pay to have it done. grounding is basic and if you ground the wrong wires you could blow fuses or worst case senario start a fire (highly unlikely, but possible). Always easier to pay 40-50 to have it done right... then pay 1400 to replace a fried z1/z2. IMO anyhow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought my unit in April of 2006. I am guessing that it was made in January, 2006.

I sent my unit in for repair last week. They told me they updated the firmware and it should be arriving at my house sometime this week.... Is this firmware update considered the "Bluetooth Update CD" update? Should the 2 ground wire bypass work on my unit?

Thanks and I appreciate all the help, guys!

Nick