AVIC411.com

Updated Bypass Instructions for the Avic Z1, Z2, and Z3

K. Download the file. Put it on your desktop. It should be called something like AvicBluetoothFix.ISO

Download a program called Active ISO Burner, its free. Install it.

You will now notice that the avic file on your desktop looks like a CD. Double click it. Hit 'Burn ISO'

Thats it

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that actually written in there or are you going off of the picture? Also, is that grounded or do you have to pull it out of the connector, hook it to the new spot, and then ground the other end?

It's written in the service manual. These are pinouts as viewed looking into the sockets on the head unit.

AV connector 1 is on the left, Connector 2 on the right.

AVIC-Z_connectorpinouts.jpg

You can see the black/yellow cable in the upper-left slot of AV connector 1 (pin 20) Below. You need to take it out, move it to the bottom-right of connector 2 (pin 1) , then ground it.

z2_conn1.JPG

picture credit for the above picture goes to eramos70 from this post.

You're a saint man, thank you. Any answer to my other question? I'd go check myself but I dropped the car off at the shop this morning.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. One end of the yellow/black wire should go in Connector2,Pin1 and the other to ground -- you have to ground it yourself (i just soldered it to the black ground wire along with the e-brake wire).

Then you did the bypass wrong. Re-read the instructions and double check your wiring

hi i bypassed my z2 and it only works for about 10 miles then it locks out again then i have to reset it is there any way around this??????????? or do i have to keep resetting it , thats sucks because i loose all my sound presets . Please help me out thanks
...so after all that reading, I still have a question... :oops:

May 2006 refurbed Z1, just bought on e-bay...if I get Ducati-boy's circuit I should be good right?

So where does the Bluetooth update come in to play? Or is that just for the later 2006 units?

You don't need the circuit. Do the 2-wire bypass and run the bluetooth update .