AVIC411.com

Better Navigation?

I talked to tech support yesterday to find out when the upgrade would be available. He said June. I asked him if it would fix the horrible navigation and he said in a not so pleasant voice, I wasn't aware anything was wrong with it. I proceeded to tell him that a friend of mine has a cheap garmin and it kicks pioneers ass. He told me that the upgrade was nothing but a map upgrade and didn't have anything to do with navigation improvement because there was nothing wrong with it anyway. I'LL TELL YOU ONE THING PIONEER IF IT DOESN'T YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PIECE OF SH!$ BACK AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE !!!! When the darn thing wants to take you twenty miles south when you want to go north and then takes you to an empty parking lot instead of a restaurant and then they tell you there is nothing wrong,it really gets my blood pressure up.

I have experienced that more than a few times.

I talked to tech support yesterday to find out when the upgrade would be available. He said June. I asked him if it would fix the horrible navigation and he said in a not so pleasant voice, I wasn't aware anything was wrong with it. I proceeded to tell him that a friend of mine has a cheap garmin and it kicks pioneers ass. He told me that the upgrade was nothing but a map upgrade and didn't have anything to do with navigation improvement because there was nothing wrong with it anyway. I'LL TELL YOU ONE THING PIONEER IF IT DOESN'T YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PIECE OF SH!$ BACK AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE !!!! When the darn thing wants to take you twenty miles south when you want to go north and then takes you to an empty parking lot instead of a restaurant and then they tell you there is nothing wrong,it really gets my blood pressure up.

Navigation takes time to calibrate too. If you have a Z2 in already, chances are good its not completely calibrated yet

Never had a z1, but I have seen a few flaws with the map on my z2. It shows me a street over than what I am really on. However, when this occured, i was in an area that had many streets.

The Z1 navi could be better. I'd say mine is right 90% of the time, but when it's wrong, it WRONG. LOL When I have mine set to return home, it tells me to get off on the wrong exit. I'm 90B, and the Z1 says 90A. When I get off on 90B, the Z1 shows me driving through a field and then figures out I'm on the road. It then tells me to turn right when I should turn left and keeps telling me to make U turns for about a half a mile when it finally gets its brains back and recalcs the route correctly.

The POI database is also extremely poor in my area. Rarely is the address correct it takes me to. It's usually 1/8 to 1/2 a mile off from where the POI really is. This issue is mainly in my area though (Central Ky.) The POI database works fine when I'm traveling.