AVIC411.com

Time Correction in Z2 and other Units

Hey guys,

I've really been waiting to spring for a new navi HU, but the thing that is holding me back is none of the units have time correction! The newer pioneer single din HUs offer time correction.. they let you specify the distance for each speaker, as well as the subs, and ontop of that they give you a listening position selector.

This is a feature that I just can't live without. Does the new avic D3 or the Z2 include time correction?

Does anyone know if future models will have it? Thanks,

You don't need to correct the time, it gets it from the GPS :)

JK

There is a listening position and you can focus it at any position in the car I think, front/back, driver/passenger. But as for setting up where the speakers are... I don't think so.

The Z2 will give you the minutes. You select the hour + or - 3 and you can also set it on 'Summer Time' which will add an hour.

reading comprehension much???

:lol:

The Z2 will get the minutes from the satellite. For ex, it'll know that its either 25 minutes past the hour and it'll start at, say 4:25. Then you can change the hour from either 4:25 to 7:25 (5:25, 6:25) Or 4:25 to 1:25. You can also hit 'Summer Time' and it'll add an hour to the starting time. IE you'll be starting at 5:25 instead of 4:25.

The Z2 will give you the minutes. You select the hour + or - 3 and you can also set it on 'Summer Time' which will add an hour.

reading comprehension much???

:lol:

The Z2 will get the minutes from the satellite. For ex, it'll know that its either 25 minutes past the hour and it'll start at, say 4:25. Then you can change the hour from either 4:25 to 7:25 (5:25, 6:25) Or 4:25 to 1:25. You can also hit 'Summer Time' and it'll add an hour to the starting time. IE you'll be starting at 5:25 instead of 4:25.

I still don't think you get it. Or maybe you're just messing with us. Re-read the original post. It has nothing to do with setting up the clock's time but setting up the speaker's time alignment.

I knew exactly what he was talking about reading it at first.

who is that hardcore that in a car you need to set the time for each speaker? wow.... A N A L.

does the pioneer DSP/EQ Box support this? I know its additional, but then it allows for 5.1 and it may provide all that...

Stock the Z1 does not.

Wow.

Don't I feel dumb. :oops:

You're right I didn't get that at all.

I saw time correction and just assumed he was asking about the time AND the alignment of the speakers in one post. Personally I've never heard anything about setting up a seperate time alignment for each speaker.

Oh well. At least there is a very detailed thread about how to set up the time on the AVICs! :lol:

the only nav I can think of off the top of my head that has time alignment is the Eclipse AVN 7000. Actually that little feature and the 13 band eq is why there's an Alpine radio in my car along with the Avic. Yes some people are that anal when it comes to good sound in their cars. Now if only I could afford a set of cdt 3 way components....

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I won't be able to pick up an Avic. I really love the way the units work. I might go the Carputer route, or take a look at the Eclipse AVN 7000 like you mentioned.

who is that hardcore that in a car you need to set the time for each speaker? wow.... A N A L.

Clearly you've never heard a car that has been staged properly.. time correction makes such a huge difference.

And cntrylvr79.. save up for those! I'm running a set of CDT 2 way components (EF-51's) in my front doors and I LOVE them. Once I get a little more experience with fiberglass, I'll move up to a set of 3-way.. but its all in the install and I haven't figured out the best way to do it yet.

Clearly you've never heard a car that has been staged properly.. time correction makes such a huge difference.

I have and my cousin has spent countless $'s on his audio equipment... usually more than the vehicle costs and this is with NEW vehicles.

And sorry, but I can't hear it. He can get louder without distortion. That I can tell but that's it. At least for me. Ch3rryC0ke, if you can tell the difference I almost feel sorry for you cause I see what my cousin goes through trying to achieve perfection in his car and in his home stereo. He says that my stereo "hurts his ears" and doesn't like the sound of it. But I can't tell the difference between my Z1 and any thing he has ever set up (or had set up). I feel sorry for you cause you can tell the difference and it costs a lot to get something to sound good for you.

I think some people either can't hear that. I have a few friends who are colorblind and I can point to 2 different colors all day long but their brains perceive them as the same color. So cousin can't believe I can't hear the difference between this and that, but I honestly can't and I have tried. Maybe I'm just lucky.... as maybe Agro is. We are happy with less and don't see the difference with getting that precise.

• 3 weeks later...

I would never spend extra money on a deck with time correction, just fade it as much to the rear pass as nec! JK LOL what sucks about pioneers nav units and there proccesor is you have to use the wired remote so some of the controls can be done off the nav unit and some have to be done through the proccesor, I think its lame on pionners part but maybe its cuz im picky like that ;)