AVIC411.com

anyone try cloning a Z2 drive and place it in a Z1?

DB 1 post you don't think he is pulling ur leg ?

and i dont think you can do much witha PDA and this unit i have my HP 6955 PDA phone and all i can do is make calls ....

some 1 please tell me what other things you can do with PDA ....

ohh and please make sure you have Z2 hd in ur system not Z1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where did you get it installed?

Ok i just got my Z2 installed on my H3 yesterday, so i was on this website looking for how to downloads backgrounds into it....when i saw that everyone is going crazy over the Z2 bypass....well mine works perfectly in my H3, i can watch tv, play wth the navi and whiel driving.....without a problem....all i had to do was sign a waiver @ the shop where i got it installed that stated i was liable for any consequences that resulted due to driving while video wa s playing.

while he was installing the unit he hooked up the bluetooth module to the back (i didnt buy the module) so thats why i questioned him on why he was pluging it in.

he told me he used the module for his palm to communicate to the pioneer so he could input the bypass code....and thats exactly what he did, he went inside and grabbed a palm pda and did something (i didnt exactly pay attention) and he was using that pda for about half an hour and doing stuff on the avic-z2. after he was done put the car together and i was out of there....

im gonna go back there tommorrow and try and find out from him, what needs to be done.....

so i think everyone is way off finding the bypass...apparently u need the bluetooth module and a pda that connects wirelessly via buetooth

actually when you think about it...if its a "software" bypass...the pda he used must have had something to do with it.... I mean you use the pda to program other types of units as well. such as the fosgate 360 module...so i honestly dont see why this wouldnt work on the pioneer. Regardless the guy who threw it in my h3 is a close friend, so im sure hell let me know somethin...im driving by there tommorrow morning so hopefully ill find out.....and if he lets me know i will post t up..

And it seems the parking break is connected because i used to have the z1 and on that one i would get the "improper connection to brake...blah...blsah...message) and i dont get that message anymore it directly goes into my source or if i switch to navi it just warns me about hows its intended for guidance and that stufff.hope to find out tommorrow...let u guys know...

hey ill b everyones hereo, lol

c ya

And it seems the parking break is connected because i used to have the z1 and on that one i would get the "improper connection to brake...blah...blsah...message) and i dont get that message anymore it directly goes into my source or if i switch to navi it just warns me about hows its intended for guidance and that stufff.hope to find out tommorrow...let u guys know...

hey ill b everyones hereo, lol

c ya

Well, you should check out what I told you to and see if it's permanently grounded. If that's all that it is, the Z2 will work great for a little while. You won't get that parking brake message for a while. And if this guy installed your Z1 and you got that parking brake message, then I don't hold too much faith. The Z1 was easy to fix (getting rid of that message and so on).

And the Z2 even with the bluetooth adapter can only send and receive phone calls and load contacts. If he was loading software on to the Z2 with a bluetooth enabled device, then the unit can do way more than we thought. I don't know, we could be wrong.

does anybody have the headlight flash bypass on their z1 and got the hard drive unlocked if anyone does please contact me a.s.a.p so i can know exactly what i need to change i figured what file i need to change but i cant just change the file i need to change the properties of the file

Titos, sorry. I finally emailed them to you. I had promised these files to titos a few days ago and was a little slow in responding. Sorry it took so long. I had to move hard drives around to get to the files and my latest beer batch (Bourbon Vanilla Porter) was ready to move from one fermenter to another and I did that last night.

hey guys, go check out my posts on this topic

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 2025#42025

i think i might have a (somewhat) simple bypass in the works. i just need to pick some brains. the basic idea is to try to get the OS files copied off the Flash Memory Module. Then i can decompile the files, and start to mess with them. we already know the OS isnt on the HD. If there was a way to rework the software, and make our own ISO of an update cd that would update the OS files, we would be golden!!! :D DB if you have any .02 that you wanna throw in feel free. i have a Z1 and a Z2 at my shop.

ltl2007, while you are right that the flash memory in the Z1/Z2 does have an OS capable of running a lot of the system even without a hard drive. An update to the hard drive will change the bypass. We learned this with the bluetooth update CD. It changes files on the hard drive and the bypass. Replacing the hard drive, will switch the bypass on the Z1's. So the OS is checking for the rule of what it should do on the hard drive. The flash module is something to look at but getting new ones or modifying files on that is much harder than the hard drive and I think that changing something on the hard drive will get us what we want.

DB, i looked through the file list that another member posted in a zip file. i have a list of files/folders that im going to try to look at on monday. I have a feeling also that the BT update CD like u said will update both the HD and the flash memory. Im still trying to figure out if there is a way to get into the files on the flash memory, ive heard somehow you can connect directly to the Z2 with USB. Anybody know how to do that?

there is no usb plug on the z2 it looks identicle to the z1 and the bypass is in the harddrive like i have been saying i got it to play movies while driving but the streets disappear then i got it to finally be able to use all the other nav functions while driving and it looks to all be in the same file just in different lines i have been working on the harddrive witha program called hexcmp and it all seems to be on the prgo folder i hope this helps you guys out alittle bit but keep in mind everything is gonna be in the harddrive

I have a feeling also that the BT update CD like u said will update both the HD and the flash memory.

While that is possible, the cd was basically just a list of files which are copied to the hard drive. And I believe all those files are already on the drive.

And if it was the CD that updated the flash memory, then having 2 drives and switching them back and fourth should not change the bypass but it does. So even though there might be a difference between the flash memory of the Z1 to the Z2, the key is in the hard drive. Or there is a file on the hard drive which flashes the internal memory every time the thing boots.

• 1 month later...

(im new to this by the way and read this whole thread)

IM KIND OF GETTING WAY AHEAD OF MYSELF but if this ever completed, you guys should make 2 PACKETS for download(torrents would be best)

THE 1ST would be ment for z1 users updating to z2 software STILL with z1 bypass(using 2 grounds, or the flashing headlights).

The 2ND would be ment for Z2 users DOWNgrading to z1 bypass(using 2 grounds, or the flashing headlights).

am i right or wrong? or still WAY ahead of myself, lol[/b]