AVIC411.com

Avic-d3 wishlist

Ive had my avic-d3 for about a week now and im loving it. Its a great unit, but i find it hard to believe that i already have a few things that i feel should have been added. I dont know how pioneer deals with software updates for units like these, but is it possible?

These are the things i would like to see added/fixed:

1. Searching through the ipod artists via letter.

2. An option to return to the ipod album you listening to to change to a different song.

3. More sirius info. I had a cheap jvc before my avic and i was seriously disappointed with the lack of info the avic shows. If jvc can do it, then pioneer should have no problems either.

4. Better blue tooth compatibility. It sucks not being able to use my wm6 phone in with the cd-btb200.

Feel free to add what you guys want too.

- "menu" button needs to work

- better search on my ipod (would be perfect if I could search my ipod like it is with POI search)

- Album art

- visualization (trippy colors ftw)

- direct selection for videos of ipod

- easier browsing of mp3/divx cd/dvd like a file browser

- support for more video files like .mpg

i dont have fancy xm/sirius/bt so I can't really say much on that end and havnt used my navigation enough to say (gas is too expensive nowadays blah)

Well I figured later that Pioneer dropped RDS a few years ago. My assumption was that an upscale radio would have RDS. It should.

The thread is a wish list. I admittedly didn't to my homework but you didn't have to take the opportunity to flame me.

i love my d3 but a couple things i would change (i know some of them are very minor)...

1. even more important than the song title display on sirius for me would be putting the station names on the preset buttons.

2. When you hide ipod controls i wish the artist was listed first and the song title was second.

3. album art

4. visualizations

i love my d3 but a couple things i would change (i know some of them are very minor)...

1. even more important than the song title display on sirius for me would be putting the station names on the preset buttons.

2. When you hide ipod controls i wish the artist was listed first and the song title was second.

3. album art

4. visualizations

The Preset buttons are definitely a negative...Definitely would like to see the stations on my presets...

• 2 weeks later...

Things that made me return my D3:

1) Not able to play Mpegs

2) Can't use a file browser to view the divx burned dvd files

3) Have to jump thru hoops to get a divx/avi burned cd to play

4) No dedicated mute button

Other than that, really liked the unit. Returned it to get a single din because double is too "flashy" and attractive to thieves imo.