AVIC411.com

Just bought and had Z2 professionally installed today. After leaving the install facility I made 6 calls to different people, both land lines and cell. Every person I connected with said my phone was terrible and wanted me to call them back. Apparently every person on the other end were getting static from me and an echo of their own voice, I did not here an echo on my end but did not hear everyword of the person on the other end, that varied from call to call (anywhere from not so bad to terrible). Further clarification, I varied my geographc location during these trials greatly.

I left message with installer but have not heard back from him.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

so it sounds like the Z2 bluetooth was never fixed.....call pioneer and they'll give you a bluetooth fix cd or you can search on this board for a downloadable fix file....

Even with that fix, most people still said it sucked (I for one applied the update and still it is useless).

Sorry man, you're SOL.

so it sounds like the Z2 bluetooth was never fixed.....call pioneer and they'll give you a bluetooth fix cd or you can search on this board for a downloadable fix file....

Even with that fix, most people still said it sucked (I for one applied the update and still it is useless).

Sorry man, you're SOL.

that's weird, i did my update and i called people and they said is was fine (no echos)...go figure...

where did you guys put the mic...

The fix, likely won't work with a Z2 since it has an operating system version that is higher then the bluetooth fix (or newer Z1s for that matter). I've heard that a combination of mic placement and volume levels can help (I haven't gotten my BT adapter yet).

just wondering if everyone having issues has their phones charging in the car or just chillin'?

I just installed my Z2 and had issues until i started using the car charger. it may be an issue of your phones strength/bluetooth capabilities not the head unit too...? I have a UTStarcom PPC6700 and it works great now that it has extra juice.

I am having the same problem. Tried different locations for the mic and that did not help. Factory tells me maybe I have a bad bluetooth unit, I am going to replace it on Tuesday. I will let you know what I find. I am using a car charge with the phone and that does not help the problem.

I am having the same problem. Tried different locations for the mic and that did not help. Factory tells me maybe I have a bad bluetooth unit, I am going to replace it on Tuesday. I will let you know what I find. I am using a car charge with the phone and that does not help the problem.

• 1 month later...
I would try some different mic placements. Also I found that if you changed the phone/guidance speaker settings to left side only verses both sides the the echo can be decreased. This has seemed to work on most of our installs before and after the bluetooth update.

Is there a way to make only the left speakers work (but only when using the bluetooth phone)? If so, could you let me know how?

To my knowledge there is no way to direct phone outputs to speaker subset. The menu option weberjam is thinking of is for the voice guidance output (L,R,L+R). My cell works perfectly fine with the Z2, after some trial and error placement of the microphone.

To my knowledge there is no way to direct phone outputs to speaker subset. The menu option weberjam is thinking of is for the voice guidance output (L,R,L+R). My cell works perfectly fine with the Z2, after some trial and error placement of the microphone.

It's for both the cell and the navi outputs.