AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 "Bypass" Scams 4sale on Ebay

Greetings AVIC’s Enthusiast’s

First of all let me say that I’m new to this site and thanks for letting me join. I am not a Z2 owner yet but I have order one and will have it installed within the upcoming week. I’ve read a few of the post on the Z2 bypass and I’ve done a little research over the Internet. I was wondering if any of you guys have taken a look at “Ebayâ€. I’ve noticed several auctions where guys have said that they have the bypass and they are selling it. I wanted to gage you guys opinion and see if it’s worth trying or if it’s people who are trying to scam you.

I check back to find out what you guys think. Thanks

MODERATOR EDIT: If you really don't know about these, this "bypass" is nothing more than a switch to unhook the GPS antenna, and VSS lines and switch in the parking brake so you trick the Z2 into thinking it's standing still so you can do stuff. Due to internal gyros this will only work for a short while, eventually this will fail and no longer work.

If you are just trying to get free advertisement on this forum while selling these scams online. I pity you and the people who send you money.

Yah, I don't know if it's worth deleting the post, but if people come here to find information about if an ebay auction is a scam, then we want to make it easy for people coming to know that these ebay auctions are not solutions but hacks which will not work for very long. It seems like these ebay sellers are only interested in making money and not actually helping anyone.

Let me say this . I have been in car audio for 16 long years as a master installer. And info from the companies i deall with has always been free

It really pisses me off when people sell info period. We should help each other out. Me and ducati may not always agree on everything. but this is one thing we do agree on. Info should be free. We both posted the july bypass all over the place once it was figured out. I had partial info on the unit and he had one and had figured it out. He just wanted to make sure he was correct and he was. And we neither one charged anyone for the info on how to do it.

So please if you are selling bs info . quit. because its giving car audio guys a bad name.

I just purchased and installed the AVIC-Z2 and I am looking for a Navigation and DVD bypass. As I read this post, currently no permanent bypass is available. Is this correct?

That is pretty much correct. The only thing you can possibly do it take your hard drive and downgrade it to Avic Z1 software and then bypass your Z2 like a Z1. But nothing for the Z2 yet, no.

• 1 month later...

but if you do this then whats the point in having the z2? i mean the way i see this (correct me if im wrong) is that you pay for z2 and you get new stuff on the hard drive which is oviulsy diffrent but if you put z1 info date or such thing related to z1 then whats the point of buying the z2? just for comesticly hardware? or am i missing something here?

I just purchased and installed the AVIC-Z2 and I am looking for a Navigation and DVD bypass. As I read this post, currently no permanent bypass is available. Is this correct?

That is pretty much correct. The only thing you can possibly do it take your hard drive and downgrade it to Avic Z1 software and then bypass your Z2 like a Z1. But nothing for the Z2 yet, no.

but if you do this then whats the point in having the z2? i mean the way i see this (correct me if im wrong) is that you pay for z2 and you get new stuff on the hard drive which is oviulsy diffrent but if you put z1 info date or such thing related to z1 then whats the point of buying the z2? just for comesticly hardware? or am i missing something here?

The Z1's software, for all it's faults is not perfect, but it's not bad. Most people with Z2's haven't shown that it's light years ahead of the Z1. So get another hard drive and put a Z1 image on it and bypass it till the Z2 bypass comes out.

Why would you buy a Z2 to just put Z1 software on it? You wouldn't. But if you really get annoyed with your Z2 and want to bypass it, it's the only option at the moment.

You would need to have access to your Z2 and a friend's Z1. They would both have to have their hard drives unlocked. Then you basically can just hook them both to a Pc with a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter or a 2.5 to USB adapter and you can just copy the files from one to the other.