AVIC411.com

New Z2 "bypass/back door" something to check

ok i got a good one.

while driving and parking break grounded i reset unit.it came back on and had vid with no error message all vid ok and all controls open to use.the map was in the wrong place and it took about 10 min. for it to find itself.when it did vid still worked and functions still open i drove for about 10 more min. and map was accurate and still had vid,which says it may be something else telling it to sut down.the nav knew the car was moving and my unit told me i was moving at 48mph with no vss wire in the hardware screen.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how mine callibrated too. It took a bit for the NAV to get accurate but once it did all functions, dynamics, and stuff work without the VSS. I think if you can get to that point, it wont fail on you then on. There is a secret or method to this backdoor. Yeah, I know, it's far from the perfect solution.

I just reset my unit with both the button reset and the calibration while driving with the e brake on...vss off...

the unit is still in "initialising sensor" mode..and has been for about 15 miles..

I am picking up 3-5 sat signal..

How long until the unit will begin learning?

I am starting to loose hope. I tried a couple more times today and I can't get over 20 miles before getting the error. I will say that this has been stop and go, but each time I shut off the radio and then shut off the switch. I turn it back on after the unit is fully rebooted. Initially I have been waiting until I get simple hybrid on the cablibration screen before flipping the switch the first time. I don't know what else to try.

I know I have a total of over 200 miles intermittently without interruption. I'm quite positive I've gone more than 20-30 miles at one time. Perhaps it's just a matter of time before mine goes out too. Nissan07 says he's gone that far too without problems. It would be nice for someone else to post who has been successful on a long interrupted journey. I plan next Monday driving 60 miles one way, I can try it again then.....If someone lived close, they could examine my unit for any noted changes but it seems everyone is far away. Maybe I got an early or lucky unit....perhaps it just likes my Dave Matthews DVD...or accessories like my PAC steering wheel controls...it could be anything. One things for sure...this unit is so highly variable and picky it makes it hard to narrow down what it's looking for. We'll just have to wait for a software/OS fix because I seriously doubt it's electrical. Who ever designed it certainly can bypass it, let's hope that info leaks sometime soon.

Like I said, analog to digital can be tricky. Mix in a few other monitoring points and some logic and, well let's just say I agree... It could be anything. Could be the car, the components the electrical system anything.

Of course when someone does figure this out we may all be kicking ourselves for not seeing the simplicity of it... Then again with all of the people involved in working on a physical/electrical/analog bypass I doubt it...

Beachdoc,

I'm in Charlotte (semi-close to wilmington) and just installed a Z2 in my maxima. I have yet to connect a switch to my setup but plan on doing so this weekend. I have the ND-BT1, the ipod adapter, the xm with navtraffic and the PAC steering wheel adapter so I have a feeling my outcome will be similar to yours. I connected the ebrake wire to ground temporarily and didn't connect the VSS.

I'll let you know how things work out sometime this weekend!

I think the key is to not engage the parking brake lead after a reset until the units learning status is simple hybird...

every time I have reset and flipped the switch during sensors initialising and no luck...

just tried it this morning after the status is simple hybird and the dvd seems to play a lot longer...I only drove it 10 miles but not one emergency brake warning or dvd cut out during that time

Maybe??

Timvan I hope it works. And Vastmax, we're only 3-4 hours away....cool. If you're really into solving this issue, we both might be able to work on it. I think I have the newer camera, but that shouldn't matter. You also might try hooking up some RCA cables as outputs from the Z2, then are setups would be pretty equal. (with the RCA's you can go under AV settings and turn AUX out on.)

If you're still wanting to try to get this to work, I'm running out of ideas. However, i've taken several screen shots of my diags and info screens that you can compare to if you think that might help. Just PM me if you want them.

I drove today again without any problems, but my longest trip was only 12 miles. I need a bigger city to waste gas....:) I'll have to wait until this weekend and Monday for a longer test although. If it fails, no solution. If it doesn't, I'm not sure if that will help either. I wonder if someone hasn't ran with the idea, figured a solution, and might be saving it for their ebay secret or shop. We'll have to see if further advertisements come up.

Until then, back to the HDD images we go!