AVIC411.com

FINALLY THE MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR....THE Z2 BYPASS

Give all credit to Ducati Boy's source here

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6331

***quick note***(You do not need to be moving to flip the switch, you can do it while stopped/parked)

Lemme run this down for you guys.

First you will need a toggle switch(any from radioshack will do)

-Take the light green wire from the radio harness and connect it onto one side of the switch

-Take a wire and connect it to the other side of the switch and the end of that wire into ground

-Turn car on, go into NAV, Settings, Hardware, Installation Status.

Flip the switch til you see ON for Parking Brake.

-When ON use a small tool to press the RESET button around the V button.

-The unit will reboot(EQ settings will be gone and NAV will be uncalibrated).

-Insert a DVD and start playing it. Give it about 30 seconds of playing.

-Now turn off the car and flip your switch

-Wait a couple of seconds now turn your car back on. The radio should no longer display the parking brake error message.

BUT WAIT...theres audio playing from your DVD but no VIDEO...

Flip your switch and voila!

If the above happened, you just bypassed your Z2.

Start driving, DVD still plays above 5 MPH and all NAV functions work!!!

-Very Important Note-Make sure when you turn off your car that you flip your switch to the off position and when you turn on your car flip it to the on position.--Hopefully someone can make a pac switch or something for this.

-Also, if you notice, your NAV wont work for about 5 mins. But will then recalibrate itself.

THANK YOU to whoever discovered this and I am in no way taking credit, just wanted to pass on my instructions and hope you all enjoy your new bypassed Z2's!!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought so too... but maybe we need more testing. Maybe the "back door" or bypass is that you have to wait 20 seconds after starting the car before you flip on the parking brake, and then it's unlocked till you turn it off. They have used a wait time then check for action bypass before, maybe this is just a different one.... maybe.

I did pass this info on to Ducatiboy and I thank him for crediting me in the prior topic. A few words about this "backdoor."

1) I agree that you don't have to be moving before switching the e-brake but you do need to wait until the unit has fully booted and some source is available.

2) I believe as another member previously mentioned in a different topic that this unit isn't different than the overseas (European, Asian) in regards to hardware but I could be proven wrong.

3) I think this bypass is only half the full thing. The other half of the bypass I feel from what we have learned from harddrive swapping, etc. is based in the software/flashmem.

4) The software difference is that foreign markets just need to see the e-brake on fully at all times, the US version detects if the e-brake is on and the vehicle is moving (by VSS, GPS, int. gyros) during boot-up. If you WAIT to flip the switch until after boot-up you are fine.

5) With #4 being TRUE and PROVEN this should eliminate the need to try and add resistors or mess with any other electrical wiring unless I'm missing the boat here. i.e., don't buy any ebay crap as it 99% won't work (unless it's a software patch :)

6) Nissan07 and I should be near the same point in callibration I assume. I think everyone will want to know if the backdoor is still open once the int. gyros are callibrated. My unit will not 3D callibrate I think b/c the VSS is disconnected. I'm not sure about that, I don't understand why there would be a connection between the two.

7) Please, no one be critical of me. These are just my thoughts, testing, and observations thus far. I didn't post originally as fear that being a newbee people wouldn't believe or accept my post. However, now that it can be reproduced by others, I feel more confident that this knowledge can lead us to the final bypass we would all like to see.

Thanks.

Beachdoc

"You will always find what you seek in the last place you look."

being a newbie does get you looked at and often times publicly noted, if the information pans out and works as it seems then the record is set straight. So, as the testing goes on, its good to see that the masses are actually trying to figure things out, and not being spoon fed.

Nissan07,

When you say fully callibrated can you elaborate? Full distance, right turns, left turns, and 3D? Mine doesn't seem to callibrate the 3D or at least not as yet, maybe that's the last thing to callibrate on the unit. What exactly does the info screen on your's say?

If this is true, the int. gyros are not going to affect this bypass, and a simple timing switch on the e-brake may be the final solution vs. attempting to modify the HDD/OS, etc.

Thanks.

Beachdoc

Nissan07,

You also mentioned that your status on the info screen said "Learning....Simple Hybrid" as well. Do you have a Hybrid vehicle or I wonder what is meant by the word Hybrid on the unit. I would hate to think this bypass only works on hybrid vehicles. That would add a whole new dimension to this bypass as our engines don't "kick-on" until after we're moving above 5mph. However, I turn my switch on with the engine running so I doubt that's it. Hopefully, it's not some weird electrical solution we have with hybrids.

Beachdoc