AVIC411.com

Z1 - Z2 partition experiment

Just some more info to think about...I have HDD of the original Z1 and I have a HDD of the Z1 after bluetooth update. I replaced the PRG0 and the PRG1 folders in the original with those that were on the bluetooth update and the system still worked as the original(headlights still needed to be flashed to bypass). Then I replaced all of the files that were on the partition containing the PRGs, AV,BT, INITDATA etc. and the system worked without flashing the headlights but it still needed the pin grounded and the brake grounded. So the answer to the bypass (for the Z1)is in that partition and it may also be a matter of replacing those files on the Z2 HDD. I could try it but I don't have an image of the Z2. I use Acronis true image if anybody could send a Z-2 image. PM me if possible

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some more info to think about...I have HDD of the original Z1 and I have a HDD of the Z1 after bluetooth update. I replaced the PRG0 and the PRG1 folders in the original with those that were on the bluetooth update and the system still worked as the original(headlights still needed to be flashed to bypass). Then I replaced all of the files that were on the partition containing the PRGs, AV,BT, INITDATA etc. and the system worked without flashing the headlights but it still needed the pin grounded and the brake grounded. So the answer to the bypass (for the Z1)is in that partition and it may also be a matter of replacing those files on the Z2 HDD. I could try it but I don't have an image of the Z2. I use Acronis true image if anybody could send a Z-2 image. PM me if possible

Try to compare files in those folders between older and never images at least by file size.

I think this method would be a sure success, just sucks that we can't find a simpler bypass and people with the Z2 will all have to get their hdd unlocked. I suppose I am all for it though and maybe I will get to work on unlocking mine soon.

Titos, thanks for the offer, now I am not sure where I read about someone switching from the old z1 (lights flashing) to the new z1 (2 wire) on this forum but that was pretty convincing to me. Perhaps it is only a matter of changing the mininum files required?

OK I did some more research on the Z1 original. After changing file after file it seems that changing just the PRG0 and the PRG1 folders along with the PRG.FLG that is in the SDATA folder I was able to convert to the "ground pin method". I don't know how this may help the Z2 situation but it does bring us closer to knowing about where the " target file" could be. :roll:

Also if the ground pin has been disabeled on the Z2 could it be possible to use the PRG files in the original Z1 and use the "headlight flashing method" :idea: ?

i tryed to switch the files you are talking about and my z2 will not boot after i switch the files it gives you a application not availabe screen but if anyone has a working ftp site i will give you an image of my z2 drive just message me

I already gave you my ftp address, still waiting for an image...

OK I did some more research on the Z1 original. After changing file after file it seems that changing just the PRG0 and the PRG1 folders along with the PRG.FLG that is in the SDATA folder I was able to convert to the "ground pin method". I don't know how this may help the Z2 situation but it does bring us closer to knowing about where the " target file" could be. :roll:

Also if the ground pin has been disabeled on the Z2 could it be possible to use the PRG files in the original Z1 and use the "headlight flashing method" :idea: ?

The "ground pin" on the Z2 does not seem to be disabled, in the same location it reads 5v just like the Z1 did, so I am hoping to get a 2 wire bypass by switching the folders you experimented with.

Well through the process of elimination I've narrowed it down to just a few files that are responsible for the Z1 "after bluetooth" ground pin bypass. In the SDATA partition you must have the "PRG.FLG file (This comes from the SDATA partition after the bluetooth update) also in the SDATA partition there is the PRG0 and PRG1 subfolders. the PRG0 is ok as it is, but in the PRG1 folder there is a folder called "APL" I updated the original (before Bluetooth) APL folder with the files From the after Bluetooth APL folder (about 34 files) DLLS, EXEs etc. I did not use any of the sub folders. the "original Z1 now does not need the "Lights Flash" to be bypassed but of course the pin needs to be grounded. so it is narrowed down to the final 34 files. Is it possible for someone with a Z2 to slip those 34 files into the APL folder along with the PRG.FLG into the SDATA partion and see what happens? in the mean time I'll continue to try and narrow the 34 files dsown further.