AVIC411.com

RDS and Station Text entry

Hey guys

Just got off the phone with Pioneer and wanted to ask a favor from you guys. I love my avic but i DO NOT understand why $1k unit does not have some features. My saying is that its better to have it and not need than to not have it and need it. We should email pioneer and ask them to get these feature in there; text entry for radio stations or RDS. Even though some stations supposely dont use its a NICE feature that goes along with your $1k HU. Also the ability to put AM and FM presets on the same menu. Yes i have an ipod and use it but you can take so much ipod. Lets get on the horn/email machine and tell them how improve their product.

:D

Addiction to things with monthly payments is one ingredient to why so many people become irresponsible.

Satellite radio

Satellite TV

Cable TV

Broadband Internet

Cell phone bill

Cell phone data plan

Car payments

Credit card balance

Add up all those monthly payments and that comes out to a big chunk of change. I'll put up with a few commercials and stick to free radio, free HDTV, $25/yr prepaid phone w/free data, older vehicles w/high miles, and that leaves me enough money to never have a balance on my credit card (in fact I get cash back) and own a big house.

If you love your satellite radio, that's great, but FM still has a place in the heart of a cheap bastard like me.

just so you know, sat. radio doesnt have to be a monthly payment, you could just subscribe for 1 or 2 or whatever years at a time. kinda lump some .. similar to when you buy the unit itself... just pay it off and forget about it.

The assumption that a monthly payment for satellite radio is directly responsible to bad credit is absurd. Bad credit happens when a person over extends themselves beyond their means. I'm very happy for you and your old car and cheap ways. I however would rather live happy and having fun. If someone knocks down my house, I'll rebuild it.

The assumption that a monthly payment for satellite radio is directly responsible to bad credit is absurd. Bad credit happens when a person over extends themselves beyond their means. I'm very happy for you and your old car and cheap ways. I however would rather live happy and having fun. If someone knocks down my house, I'll rebuild it.

I don't know what you're reading, but I never said satellite radio is directly responsible for bad credit. I said it and other monthly payments that people are so addicted to is a contributing factor to bad credit. There are far worse monthly addictions like cell service or the HDTV package on satellite TV. If you're going to argue about something I write, at least bother to read it first.

Your reply was in response to satellite radio. You are the one who brought bad credit into the conversation. Don't attempt to turn it around like you didn't say that. It seems a bit ridiculous to add an argument about monthly payments to a topic about RDS text. That was and still is my point.