AVIC411.com

i was about to unlock my harddrive but bailed out. the hardrive is detected by my computer but when i put it back in the z1, when i turn the power on i get a blank screen but the blue lightscome on. some help....

when i start up the screen with no harddrive at all it does the same thing!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bailed right after i connected it. I was reading and realized that unlocking it was pointless for me. then i connected the harddrive back in and blank screen. then took out the harddrive out and connected it into my computer checke dif my computer recognized it. It did, so im prity sure its not the harddrive. I tried reseting it by holding map and also but pressing the little button reset. both dont work. i think the bios needs to be reset but i aint opening up the z1

Maybe the circuit that is closed by the HDD door is not actually closing making your Z1 think the door isn't on. Without actually putting the door back on, push on the sensor and see if that does anything. The symptoms you describe are exactly what happens if the door is not put back on, hence my suggestion.

tried it. nothing. i did trim part of the tray thats under the hard drive so i could connect it to my computer but i dont think that has any effect. i know i know im an idiot, i wish i hadnt touched anyything!

Is it possible that you trimmed more than the tray and took out a functional part of the hard drive by accident?

If you put the drive back into a PC and read it look for files and drive sizes, if something is on there and it's functional and the files are readable, you might want to run checkdisk on it or something.

Weird that you didn't need to unlock it first, but it's possible that someone either unlocked it before you ever got the unit or there is something wrong with this drive and they tried to lock it and didn't check it.

And I didn't need to take mine out of the tray to get it to read and plug into the PC. What kind of adapter did you use?

I would focus on the HDD door, that sounds like what happens when that is not put on all the way. Maybe your switch went bad or something. But if the door is not on, that's what it sounds like what will happen. If you take out the hard drive and then close the door and screw it in with no hard drive in the unit, will the unit boot up?

Also, I understand that there is a secondary HDD switch that is deeper in the unit. that switch needs to be activated when the HDD is in the unit. maybe when you cut part of the tray it no longer can touch the secondary switch. Check that out.