AVIC411.com

Rattle when screen is tilted

hey everyone. I got the rattle too and i think i know where its coming from. Mine might be a diffrent ratle from yours but try this. When you hear the rattle (mine is not rattle all the time, just sometime, maybe mos times) take you finger and put it on the black trim piece (that surrounds the actual screen itself) on the top towartd the midle of the its length. this description suck so here is a pic.

[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/marin8703/DVDs%20control%20module/295632461AVIC-Z1_OPEN_Med.jpg[/img]

in the image you see the plastic peice i am talking about and the location where to put your finger (at the arrow tip). [b]just to be clear the screen does not have to be down, this is the only pic i could find to easily show the plastic piece i was talking about, try this at the regular position you use when you hear the rattle[/b]

if this stops the rattle then i am fairly certain i will be able to post an easy fix for you guys in the next day or two.
  • 5 months later...
I hate to ask such a stupid question but I have gone over every page of my Z2 operational manual and no where can I find how to adjust the tilt of the screen. It is either flat or 90 degree open. How do I adjust the angle? Will appreciate any advice.
I hate to ask such a stupid question but I have gone over every page of my Z2 operational manual and no where can I find how to adjust the tilt of the screen. It is either flat or 90 degree open. How do I adjust the angle? Will appreciate any advice.
  • 1 year later...
I now have this rattle too, unit is almost two years old. It rattles whenever the screen is tilted out two notches or more. I can feel a little movement at the bottom of the screen but no way of taking the slack out or stopping the rattle. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
I've had it forever...pretty much since new... and I also tilt mine about 2 adjustments up...

I think it's caused by slight play in the linkage of the tilting assembly... When it goes up, it's kinda floating in that position... So I usually just lightly push the lower part of the screen down, and it'll stop the rattle...

It's become habit for me to do it when I hit the OK for the nag screen... But sometimes, on bumpy roads(pretty much all roads in Louisiana) it'll come back, and I just push it back in a tad....

I've thought about finding some kind of tacky grease to spread on the tilting rails, to try to make it quit...
[quote name="KillaICM"]Nope, doesn't happen to me. Though, I never use the tilt feature in my rsx, but it doesn't do it when I pop a cd in anyway.[/quote]

Yeah...mine doesn't do it when not tilted either.... but then I can't really see the screen.... at least not very good...

I think it doesn't rattle if I go one more click up...
If my screen is in the up position, the lower buttons are hard to use. With the screen tilted two positions out, I can use the buttons fine but the screen rattles. I have adjusted it to one position out and so far no rattles but it’s easier to use the buttons the other way.
[quote name="Adama"]If my screen is in the up position, the lower buttons are hard to use. With the screen tilted two positions out, I can use the buttons fine but the screen rattles. I have adjusted it to one position out and so far no rattles but it’s easier to use the buttons the other way.[/quote]

LOL...just did this today....
And +1
Problem solved... :roll:

It's a tad bit at a retarded angle now...but it did solve the rattle...
  • 6 months later...
I fixed my rattle problem by addind a strip of foam to the bottom of the screen with some double sided tape. It worked great for me. I have it in my FJ Cruiser and it has a lip on the radio hole that the foam sits on. I don't know if this mod will work for everyone (depends on you install). I have the screen tilted usually "3 clicks" and you can't see the foam when tilted only whey opened. The foam I used was off white and I used a marker to black it out, I'm going to replace it soon with some black foam I found. The current foam strip is getting a little beat up.

[img]http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o391/NSBCruiser/IMG_0055.jpg[/img]