AVIC411.com

New D3 Owner here!!! -- Have some questions for you gurus

I just got my D3 a few weeks ago and I love it in my Accord. Currently I just have the navi and iPod features functioning. I also make use of the DVD and DivX playback (which is awesome for anyone thinking about navi units). I'm thinking about adding XM + NavTraffic...currently sourcing the tuner unit. There are a few questions I've had and I'm hoping some of the people here can help.

1. Is there any way to change the color of the map elements? In night mode, the ground that's usually an off white color in daytime mode turns into this nasty brown color. I know this is completely superficial, but I would like it better if it was black and contrasted more with the roads and road names.

2. Does connecting the VSS wire help THAT much in accuracy? I've noticed that sometimes the AVIC doesn't know which road I turned onto if there are 2 turns close to each other. This happened to me in downtown San Antonio where the streets aren't exactly grid-like, and are pretty close to each other. Just wondering whether the VSS connection would help this of if it's just how it is.

3. I have noticed that when using the iPod function, if I select Artist > (any artist) > All > (any song) then it starts playing...and then if I hit "Menu" on the on-screen iPod wheel it'll function just like my iPod and show me the previous list that I was in (list of songs). Then if I shut off the car and turn it back on...I lose the ability to hit "Menu" to get back into the previous lists that I was viewing. Does this happen to anyone else?

Those are the questions I haven't been able to find answers to on here...but you guys have helped out with other questions I had. Sorry for the long post =/

Thanks,

Jeff

my D3 does the same thing that you described with the ipod. so its normal. i dont know if we can change it or not though

Got off the phone with Pio on this one last week and they told me:(get this)

"The Ipod Menu button on the D3 has absolutely no functionality!!! :shock:

I told them that it does work for a sort time and they said that was a surprise to them.

my D3 does the same thing that you described with the ipod. so its normal. i dont know if we can change it or not though

Got off the phone with Pio on this one last week and they told me:(get this)

"The Ipod Menu button on the D3 has absolutely no functionality!!! :shock:

I told them that it does work for a sort time and they said that was a surprise to them.

lmfao! haha shows how much they know about their own product.

I've never seen the menu button on the D3's ipod wheel work.

My Menu button works for a short amount of time after I pick a song from the list. By the time the album I'm listening to is over, it is no longer working.

What does it do when you press the menu button?

If you select by album, after you've chosen a song on that album, you can press menu and it will take you back to a playlist of the other songs on that album, but as has been said, it only functions for a limited amount of time after your selection of the first song.

My Menu button works for a short amount of time after I pick a song from the list. By the time the album I'm listening to is over, it is no longer working.

It only lights up, but does not actually function once you change sources, turn the unit off, or after a period of time, usally about 10 minutes i think. The modle of ipod you use my have somthing to do with some not working at all. I use the 5th gen video ipod and mine works for a short time.

It only lights up, but does not actually function once you change sources, turn the unit off, or after a period of time, usally about 10 minutes i think. The modle of ipod you use my have somthing to do with some not working at all. I use the 5th gen video ipod and mine works for a short time.

That's possible. I'm not sure what generation my iPod video is... I got it last December.. 30gig iPod video. Does that jive with yours?