AVIC411.com

New D3 Owner here!!! -- Have some questions for you gurus

• 2 weeks later...

1. Is there any way to change the color of the map elements? In night mode, the ground that's usually an off white color in daytime mode turns into this nasty brown color. I know this is completely superficial, but I would like it better if it was black and contrasted more with the roads and road names.

Might be me, but my coloring is backwards from that, during the day, it's white and at night the ground is a brownish color. Assuming they'd want the display dimmer during the nighttime, that makes more sense. If you change the nightime setting back to normal (where it just dims) does it get darker or brighter when you turn the lights on and off? (i can't remember where the "nighttime" setting is off the top of my head). Mine is brighter with the lights off. when you turn the lights on, the display dims.

Maybe you need to find a different wire for your illumination. There are a few people that install these things as pros on here, my guess is they can offer you a few alternate wires to try instead.