AVIC411.com

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone thought that areas of the hard drive that we cant delete with a level 4 wipe are getting corrupt causing music tracks to jump around or get copied half way. i was thinking with heat that gracenote files are getting jacked when were using this on hotter days, maybe other files as well.

it seems like once your avic starts freezing at startup it just gets worse quickly and the fact that you do the test when its warm and you get HD errors tells me the whole file system is probably jacked

maybe a complete format of the HD would help ill try it today and see.

mine froze 5 times on hot northern Ca 100+ days and now its freezing allot more even on 80 degree days and it cant copy or play cd,s on the hard drive the way it used too.

well if the hard drive is locked then then i suppose its just read errors and my idea is plain wrong lol [brain fart]

Hey, for all those having issues with the freezing on starting up...would you please list what type of car you have the unit installed in. I was thinking about the problem today and wanted to know if there is a few similarities. Ill start it off

'06 silverado

Thanks...

I've had my z1 back in my car for 3 days now. No problems so far. It was almost 100 outside over the weekend and the car was parked in direct sunlight several times. Pioneer claimed NTF but did delete all my songs in the library so i'm curious if they really found no trouble why clear the hard drive?

I'm also starting to think this isn't just a heat problem, when mine started acting up on a daily basis there were several times where i just pulled it out of the garage in the morning, drove the car for 10-15 minutes, restarted the car and it would freeze up on the pioneer screen. No way the radio could heat up that much in such a short time, especially with the air running.

mine was NTF too. they reset my z1 but my mp3s are still there. it didn't last a whole day and my z1 freezes at startup. now they're going to exchange another one for me since this is my second visit. i won't get it til end of the week. will keep you guys post.

i hope yours don't act up intermittent. good luck.

hello there. it has been weeks since i've haven't update this thread and i’m not sure if there’s a resolution, yet. i'm going to reply to my own quote and update you what i know on this infamous "freeze at startup".

well, it took pioneer 3 weeks just to get an exchanged (refurbish) after a second repairs. still they don't have the answer to the problem. when i got my z1 back, the hard drive was completely wiped out, back to its original state. ok... it took me a whole day to customized my settings and ripped mp3 files to the hard drive. guess what??? the next day when i played my mp3s while driving day or night, the song started to skip. it jump to the next song on its own. So i reset my z1. the problem came back.... the infamous, "freeze at startup". it takes hours for the z1 to come back alive. temperature??? i don't know.

the next morning i turn my z1 on. it works like a champ. but this time i took this opportunity to delete all my mp3 files. ladies n gentlemen, i give you my 99% solution to this problem. i believe it has to do with the grace note software that's acting up when there are mp3 files on the hard drive. a week already and it hasn't freeze-up. everything works, with bypass, without mp3 files.

i’m going to call pioneer.

i deleted everything as well but it still freezes. mine wont even record one song now to the HD

after 1 hot day and this thing freezing it has got worse.

even if the hard drive is locked im wondering if after a while of having hot days knowing this hard drive throws errors [when hot] if the main info on the HD is becoming corrupt. we all know windows files [boot files] that are locked and they get corrupt for various reasons and cause your home pc not to boot.

i want to reformat my HD but after reading here as many pages as i can i still dont know how. ive read about using acronis and doing a mirror image. i can do that but i dont trust the data on my hard drive that i have now. what can i do to get a fresh unmolested copy of a z2 [looks like feb 07] as a date if im getting that from the rite place [splash screen]

correction to all my posts. i mentioned ripping music cd to the HD in mp3. according to pioneer, it's not mp3 format. they won't tell. so, let's just call it music files from now.

just got off the phone with pioneer. i gave all the details and they said to send it in. good thing they're located a few miles from me. will keep you updated.

i deleted everything as well but it still freezes. mine wont even record one song now to the HD

after 1 hot day and this thing freezing it has got worse.

even if the hard drive is locked im wondering if after a while of having hot days knowing this hard drive throws errors [when hot] if the main info on the HD is becoming corrupt. we all know windows files [boot files] that are locked and they get corrupt for various reasons and cause your home pc not to boot.

i want to reformat my HD but after reading here as many pages as i can i still dont know how. ive read about using acronis and doing a mirror image. i can do that but i dont trust the data on my hard drive that i have now. what can i do to get a fresh unmolested copy of a z2 [looks like feb 07] as a date if im getting that from the rite place [splash screen]

i really couldn't help on your z2. to be honest with you, i don't want to send my z1 back to pioneer. it's working great, i can live without the music files on it. it's fustrating to see the freeze screen. well, since my z1 still under warranty, i'm giving another shot.

send your z2 in for warranty service. good luck.

I've had my z1 back in my car for 3 days now. No problems so far. It was almost 100 outside over the weekend and the car was parked in direct sunlight several times. Pioneer claimed NTF but did delete all my songs in the library so i'm curious if they really found no trouble why clear the hard drive?

I'm also starting to think this isn't just a heat problem, when mine started acting up on a daily basis there were several times where i just pulled it out of the garage in the morning, drove the car for 10-15 minutes, restarted the car and it would freeze up on the pioneer screen. No way the radio could heat up that much in such a short time, especially with the air running.

mine was NTF too. they reset my z1 but my mp3s are still there. it didn't last a whole day and my z1 freezes at startup. now they're going to exchange another one for me since this is my second visit. i won't get it til end of the week. will keep you guys post.

i hope yours don't act up intermittent. good luck.

hello there. it has been weeks since i've haven't update this thread and i’m not sure if there’s a resolution, yet. i'm going to reply to my own quote and update you what i know on this infamous "freeze at startup".

well, it took pioneer 3 weeks just to get an exchanged (refurbish) after a second repairs. still they don't have the answer to the problem. when i got my z1 back, the hard drive was completely wiped out, back to its original state. ok... it took me a whole day to customized my settings and ripped mp3 files to the hard drive. guess what??? the next day when i played my mp3s while driving day or night, the song started to skip. it jump to the next song on its own. So i reset my z1. the problem came back.... the infamous, "freeze at startup". it takes hours for the z1 to come back alive. temperature??? i don't know.

the next morning i turn my z1 on. it works like a champ. but this time i took this opportunity to delete all my mp3 files. ladies n gentlemen, i give you my 99% solution to this problem. i believe it has to do with the grace note software that's acting up when there are mp3 files on the hard drive. a week already and it hasn't freeze-up. everything works, with bypass, without mp3 files.

i’m going to call pioneer.

i too thought it was the music files but people have stated they did the format and it still has issues with no files on. im doing some work on my truck this weekend and ill let you know how it goes, in the mean time, when you post replys, if you would include the type of car you have that would help me out. thanks.

i have suv, nissan pathfinder 2005.

i sent my z1 to pioneer today. i got a chance to speak to one of their lead operation technician. he is just as puzzled as us. a lot of consumers like us has this particular problems. pioneer couldn't figure it out. their work around is getting an exchange to the customers for now. if they can't fix it, how can we.

will keep you updated when i get my z1 back.

good luck to you!

2007 Mazdaspeed 3

Avic Z2

just got it back from service today (cant duplicate problem)

now i just want to format my HD and start fresh

but i need image can some 1 plz post one :(

i don't fell like sending for service again

and same time i may try a new HD 40gig