AVIC411.com

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having the same issue with the z1 freezing up on the pioneer boot screen. Manufacture date: June 06. I have the flasher bypass chip installed. Has been installed and working fine for about a year now. I stay in milwaukee, wi and it doesnt get too hot up here so I don't think its a temperature issue. Last summer we had a few hot days and i never had this problem. I recently did the CDDB database update maybe a couple weeks before my problem started to occur. I sent it off to pioneer and they said it was working fine. I installed it yesterday (approx. 70 degrees) and got stuck again on pioneer boot screen. I disconnected the chip and still was unable to get the z1 to boot up. I've tried to perform all methods for resets but I'm unable to even get past the boot screen.

On one occasion I was able to load the CDDB update disc that i had used previously and performed the level 4 reset with the disc in the z1 and was able to get it to boot and work fine (unbypassed). I took the update disc out and got stuck at the boot screen again.

My question is: could the CDDB database update work like the bluetooth update and cause the flasher bypass to stop working and be the cause of my problem since im almost positive its not a temperature or hard drive issue?

Honestly, I'm getting quite pissed off! Why should we find a workaround for a system that supposed to work? This is ridiculous!!! Wouldn't you guys agree?

Anyhow, now I'm also beginning to doubt that this is due to hot weather. Yesterday morning I was going to get some gas (temp is 75 at most). I left my car on the ACC to listen to the music while watching my money leaving my bank account penny by penny... When I finished pumping, I started my car and system never came up.

A few weeks prior to that, I went back to my installer and they double checked every connection and it all checked out.

My system is completely unbypassed (other than the grounded E-Brake) and it does not have the latest CDDB update. System was manufactured in March of 2007.

dimaj

Honestly, I'm getting quite pissed off! Why should we find a workaround for a system that supposed to work? This is ridiculous!!! Wouldn't you guys agree?

Anyhow, now I'm also beginning to doubt that this is due to hot weather. Yesterday morning I was going to get some gas (temp is 75 at most). I left my car on the ACC to listen to the music while watching my money leaving my bank account penny by penny... When I finished pumping, I started my car and system never came up.

A few weeks prior to that, I went back to my installer and they double checked every connection and it all checked out.

My system is completely unbypassed (other than the grounded E-Brake) and it does not have the latest CDDB update. System was manufactured in March of 2007.

dimaj

That is the exact scenerio that I was talking about. It doesn't like to get booted off of such a short power cycle. At least those are my findings so far. Now that I found the issue for me, it hasn't been an issue as far as locking up. But I still get the song jumping to the next track while in library mode on some songs.

:x

I'm having the same "freeze up" issue with my Z2.

Freezes on the Pioneer blue screen and the "Pioneer starting car navigation" black screen.

Mostly happens later in the day.

I wonder............. if the power was supplied to the HU from a ignition switched relay, that way it's power isn't interupted while the harddrive is trying to start up or if it's just heat related. :?:

I have a little request...

Next time your system freezes, could you run HDD diagnostics?

Just go to the Service Screen and on the second screen there are some HDD tests... do a read test.

when my system didn't start up, HDD temperature was 43 - 44 degrees and it failed on some address...

dimaj

hey guys,

sorry to hear about your z1 freezing up at start-up. it happened to mine, got fustrated, finally sent in to pioneer for service. sent it in couple days ago and won't know til next week. by the way, my z1's warranty expires next month. well, i hope they fix mine for good and know what's the problem behind it. i can't wait to get it back and keep you all posted.

I got my system back yesterday afternoon and so far so good. It got replaced by the installer. Those guys probably hate me by now...

Anyway, I'm going to run a few more checks (park it on the sun for a few hours, etc) and will let you know about the results.

dimaj