AVIC411.com

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have linked my issue to the way i start the car sometimes. If I crank it right up, then it is fine. If i wait until it is in the bootup sequence or is fully up it will lock up every time. It needs time to drain the power from the system between power cycles. You can't just kill the power to it for a split second or it will lock up bigger than dallas. So it wasn't a temerature thing for me after all. And i looked up in the service manual that the unit would basicly be melting before it would get a high temp lockout. They are more concerned with locking it out based off of a low temp.

I noticed this lockup issue when I would get someone at the gas station to fill my car up. (I am a paraplegic) They would ask me to turn off the car so I would leave the key in acc mode so I could continue the radio. But when I went to start the car back up, the unit would just hang until i did a reset and let it sit for a couple of minutes to discharge the internal capacitance. Then it would boot up fine. I think the bootup lockup is a EEPROM issue (CMOS or BIOS issue) Just my thoughts anyways. So next time you guys get a lockup, post up the exact senerio at which it locked up so that we can work around a solution.

interesting...

In my case, I let it sit for a minute or two before powering it back on.

Today we had about 102 degrees in the afternoon, so I decided to make a little test: I parked my car on a parking lot under the burning sun with all windows rolled up and moon room cover opened (so that the car could get as hot as possible...) I kinda regret I did that when I got back into the car... But anyway, I let it sit like that for good 40-50 mins and when I got back - it would just sit at the Pioneer boot-up screen. I turned off my car, waited a few mins and turned it back on - same result.

Then I took a 10 min drive on a highway with all windows opened. When I arrived at my destination, I power cycled it and it worked.

I'm taking it back to the installer tomorrow. They probably hate me by now :(

I just hope that they will give me a new unit and this will never happen again.

I would still have to blame the HDD for this. I would assume that it goes through the BIOS just fine and it just hangs loading the actual app from the HDD.

Let's take everybody's fav Windows for example. If you will mess with some system files and/or with registry, Windows just won't boot. It would sit at the boot screen with the scroll bar constantly moving, but computer wouldn't be doing anything. It is basically at a deadlock (where it cannot finish a certain action and other actions are waiting indefinitely until current action completes)

But so far, I am VERY disappointed in this product :(

dimaj

got a few questions for you:

How long you were driving?

Were you driving with AC on?

Did you just "restart" your car or did you park for some time and then came back to it?

How hot was it when your system froze?

What car do you have?

all i did was turn on the engine, wait til the avic powers up, then everything works just fine. i noticed this only works in the morning (cool temperature). a couple minutes later i turn off the engine and then turn right back on, my avic freezes. the AC on didn't help either. i have a pathfinder 05.

i called pioneer tech support. i explained what happen and they said the problem came from the hard drive. i'm going to send it in since it's within a year of manufacture.

this is interesting... If I'm not mistaken, I've read in one of the threads that AVIC Boots from Flash memory, not from HDD... HDD is used for storing maps and music. I think it was on one of the pages of the bypass novel.

However, when this happened to me for the first time, I went into the Service Menu and did a read test, which successfully failed to read some block. What was funny is when temperature cooled down, reading passed.