AVIC411.com

Thinking about getting a D3 any help here?

ok so I have the D-1 and I'm looking at getting the D3, however I have not found anything that really makes me want to switch. I mean yeah it has the bluetooth capability, phonebook yada yada yada but it only has 1 slot for dvd's,Nav, and cd's!? WTF is up with that? I think I would rather get a external dvd player and run dvd's that way...any other input?

Agreed, the volume knob is nice too--took forever to turn up and down the D1. I have never taken the nav disk out, I just put all my music and a few movies a time on my ipod. I don't think I could go back

I purchased mine specifically for the improved ipod interface and bluetooth. if these features don't interest you, stick w/ your current unit.
us old timers

And those who prefer not to listen to crappy compression.

I've got my 80GB iPod loaded up with all of my music in Apple Lossless - Sounds at least as good as a CD (no jitter from the optical pickup), and I can fit tons on there...the AVIC-D3 plays Apple Lossless via the iPod just fine. :)