AVIC411.com

Wrong Caller Id on Screen - Treo 700p

I am having a problem with 2 different hands free car kits. I have tested this on both systems and get the same results. The caller id information that appears on the screen, it not that of who is actually calling. The 700p will display the correct info, but the hands free kits will not. They seem to display either the last call I made, or a random caller that is in the phone book of the car kit. I am using either the Parrot 3100, or the new Pioneer AVIC-Z1 navigation system with the bluetooth option. Because they both behave in the same manor, I am assuming it is an issue with the 700p. Anyone else got a 700p out there? Sprint to be exact.
my 650 did the same thing with an old headset I had with a CID screen.

it will only do it if.. the phone is paired, and you ignore the call from the phone, rather than the headset/headunit.

try it, see if thats what causes.

it was mostly always the last call I had.
From what I have read and heard, most bluetooth issues are due to the implimentation in the phone. Smart phones seem to have the worse record integrating with other bluetooth systems. I don't know why, maybe cause they are more complicated or offer more features.

It could be "fix" by either end (the phone or the bluetooth speaker phone) and each blames each other for the problems while the consumer with a cool smart phone is left stuck.

I don't know how to fix the situation, but I think anyone with a smart phone is iffy on if it would work with just about any bluetooth speaker phone system.
[quote name="03Aviator"]Steve, what is considered a "smart phone"?[/quote]

Well my Razr has a calculator in it and can multiply 6937.32 by 23.4. I think it's smarter than I am :D

I would also say a "smart phone" would run Palm Pilot OS as well, Treo's, Motorola Q, Blackberries, etc...
its a phone limitation, not the Z1. and its really not even the Windows Mobile devices.

its the really shitty bluetooth controller used on the Treo650/700

Its the same one. It works better on the 700W than the 650/700P with palm

Palm cheaped out on it, and that is why we had so many problems with other car kits when the 650 came out. I have an audiovox6700 WM5 PPC and it works fantastic with the HU.