AVIC411.com

Props to Circuit City?????

Let me just state for the record. In my opinion the VSS should always be connected, period! I dont understand these people that say it isn't necessary, it is necessary or it wouldn't be there. There will come a time when your accuracy will suffer and if I pay 1k or 2k for a stereo I want the damn thing to work at its fullest potential as much as possible. And any professional installer that doesn't connect it because they cant find the right wire or just too intimidated to do so should not be installing these units. I had never installed a unit like this until I got this unit and I was able to find the info just fine on this site. Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Circuit City screwed up my D2 installation something brutal. After bringing it back to them 3 times, I finally decided to re-work the install myself. It's sad that after a few days of research I was able to do a better job than the so-called 'professionals' at CC.

I bought the Avic Z2. So I looked at Pioneer site for retailers and i found SOUND WAVES, in Van Nuys, CA as a certified retailer. I called them to inquire about having the system installed, which included the whole package being the camera, bluetooth, xm navtraffic, ipod adapter and the steering wheel control. They gave me a quote over the phone of $250.

I arrive there and then they said, "oh no its going to be $350." Then they brought down the price to $325, so i had them install it. I picked up the car and after a day i realized they didnt give me my orignal head unit back from a 2006 Nissan Altima. So i had to return back to the store pick that up. A couple days later i realized they didnt connect the VSS wire ( Vehicle Speed Sensor). So i called them back they tell me to come in

and gave me an appointment. I arrive there and then they tell me that is not part of the installation. That is a "whole different installation" because they just make it work and it takes 1-2 hours more to install the VSS wire. So they wanted to charge me more again over the initial cost of installation. So i call them back to try to settle the problems and i get yelled at by them because they said if i want that done

i will have to pay more because its not included in the installation. I spoke with the manager and thats the person who yelled at me. Young Kid running management. Was Also taking personal calls and yelling over the phone in front of customers.

As a general rule, when you choose to have the young punks at Circuit City or Best Buy install your stuff, you are taking a serious chance that they will screw SOMETHING up.

If it were me, I would DEMAND the VSS wire be connected free of charge because it is part of the Navi system.

I use BB and CC only to buy stuff - NEVER, EVER to install stuff!

As a general rule, when you choose to have the young punks at Circuit City or Best Buy install your stuff, you are taking a serious chance that they will screw SOMETHING up.

If it were me, I would DEMAND the VSS wire be connected free of charge because it is part of the Navi system.

Well it was SOUND WAVES which is a certified retailer from the Pioneer site. I wrote Pioneer a letter as well as a complaint on the BBB site. Demand? i couldnt even get a word in he just kept talking and yelling. I asked " Will you listen to me? There is no need to yell, i just want to try to resolve this problem" but again he yelled and there was no getting to him. So i said okay, thats fine if thats how you want to run your business.

I guess, but i just feel that things can be handled in a more mature way and in most cases with a reasonable and more mature person it works. But this kid, i didnt want to yell because it was not going to get any place and i wont stoop as low as he. You know what i mean?

And yet you're pmming one of those punks asking install questions.....

Hey Tommy,

I live in North Hills (Pittsburgh) too. Was it the McKnight Road Circuit City? I just purchased a wiring harness from them today since Crutchfield sent me the wrong one.

They were real nice. They let me borrow a screwdriver to take my radio out just to make sure the wiring harness was the right one.

Maybe we can hook up and compare installs. I'm doing mine myself now.

And yet you're pmming one of those punks asking install questions.....

Oohhh, I knew that was coming :twisted:

I guess, but i just feel that things can be handled in a more mature way and in most cases with a reasonable and more mature person it works. But this kid, i didnt want to yell because it was not going to get any place and i wont stoop as low as he. You know what i mean?

You stopped to soon. Go to General manager then District.

I'll charge you for a COMPLETE tune-up for your car but won't check/change the oil because that's seperate on the board. I'll have to charge you more.

When I get a complete tune-up that includes plugs/wires (if needed) air filter and oil change fluids etc etc.

You get my point. I would not have stopped there.

K

no need to generalize. if you're going to generalize you might as well state that all "big box" retailers that have installation bays don't install correctly (i.e. myer emco, tweeter, etc.) hey even the mom and pop's stores don't always do the installation to the fullest. it's not that most of them don't know how to do it, they're just lazy. i've worked at both bb and cc, some installers hook up the vss wire and illumination wire and some don't. to generalize that all suck is going a tad too far. everyone has horror stories about a company especially ones that are as big as cc and bb. best thing to do is talk to the installer before you hand over your keys to them. forums like these help most regular people who don't know how to install these units themselves ask the correct questions before getting installed. honestly most of the good to decent installers i know have started at a bb or cc, does that mean they don't do a good job? i don't think so.