AVIC411.com

AVIC Z2 TV TUNER

my understanding is that there really isnt a package antenna. my question was what "tested tuner will work" what is it called, where do i get one, how much is it? i need a little more information for i do not want to go buy something that sucks.

• 1 month later...
the reason as to why pioneer no longer makes this is because the FCC is changing all tv to digital, no longer analog. so from what is said, they will no longer be compatible

this is ballpark of 2009 so whtcrxghst is pretty accurate

Ya, but is Pioneer really going to go ~2 years with out having a tuner. Why not a digital/analog one. Or should I ask, does anyone know if one is in the works?

Is the format/signal for digital pined down? But then again they could also make it upgradeable.

I'm using a GEX-P5700TV with my Z2. As a unit they work fine. As for reception in the Portland OR area it sucks. Before I mounted the antennas in my rear facia, I tried it just hanging loose in unobstructed mounting setup as well as other configurations. It didn't make any differance.

As for FCC, all TV receivers must be digital reception capable and TV stations must brodcast a digital signal by date X. It does not mean on date X or X + anything analog is going to stop. Let's understand reality. TV stations live by advertizing. Dose anyone think any big company is going to allow something to cause them to loose 10s of million sales because most people in the US don't have a digital tuner.