AVIC411.com

bluetooth discussion

I just wondering what other people think. I have a bluetooth headset that I like so is it worth buying the $80.00 bt link thing (sd-bt1) for my avic-z1. I know it would be nice to have the caller-id # come up on screen but how is the sound clarity talking in the car and using the avic mic? and I have a blackberry pearl and i have heard that it cant put my contacts list on there anyways just lookin for a reason not to spend $80.00 I guess (even know I will eventually buy one) let me know what you all think.

• 2 months later...
I have bt on my z2 and have no problems with it. I get caller id on screen. So i am pleased with my BT.

Could you give a few details. Were is the mic located. Volume settings? What speakers do you have the BT coming out of? Any thing else?

Mine (Z-2) seems to produce a terrible echo that the other person hears.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone attempted to upgrade their microphone on the BTB-200? I was curious if it was possible to get some sort of upgraded mic, maybe one made for a computer or something, and use it in place of or in conjunction with the mic that comes with the kit. I know as long as it's a mini plug it should work, but I'm curious if you used a splitter would the two mic's interfere with each other and give you a bunch of reverb and feedback?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the btb200 on my d3. I use a blackberry 8700c. I transferred the phonebook easily. once I got the volume and mic adjusted, it seems to work fine. I get caller ID when someone calls. I also have a bluetooth headset. it works great on mine. install was easy since I had already run wires for the xm unit, I just tapped in to the power, ran the mic wire and connected the ip adaptor. They really should make the bluetooth built in though, I would have gladly paid 100 bucks more for that.

You need a new avatar :)

I have the btb200 on my d3. I use a blackberry 8700c. I transferred the phonebook easily. once I got the volume and mic adjusted, it seems to work fine. I get caller ID when someone calls. I also have a bluetooth headset. it works great on mine. install was easy since I had already run wires for the xm unit, I just tapped in to the power, ran the mic wire and connected the ip adaptor. They really should make the bluetooth built in though, I would have gladly paid 100 bucks more for that.