AVIC411.com

iPhone pairs up with the Z2

it really falls into Apple's hands to release this functionality in an Iphone update....or at least that is what I'm hoping for....

I have contacted Apple customer relations and requested this be included in a future update. We will have to see what the future holds on this one.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is REALLY important because I need to figure out if I'm returning my iPhone or just getting it exchanged fro a new one.

Here it is: Has anyone had problems hearing the other end of the conversation when you are connected with your iPhone to the Z2? Specifically I here this digital "brdrdrrdrdrdrddrdrddrrdrdrdr" sound either before or after the person starts to talk which cuts out either the first half or second half of their conversation. If none of you are experiencing it, I'm going to assume I have a defective iPhone (I know it could be the Z2 or it's bluetooth unit) and get a replacement.

Mine actually sounds really clear, no buzzing or anything. Just a little too quiet. But other's have work-a-rounds to raise the volume, that I will try tonight.

Do you have a Z1? I know there is a BT update from Pioneer about echos and stuff. Also. How far away is your BT transceiver in relation to where your phone is? Or in better words, where did you install the BT adapter?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Avic Z2 with the Bluetooth option.

Works great. Everyone says it sounds like I am on a speakerphone, but I am on a speakerphone so I guess that makes sense. I set the iPhone on my center console and the bluetooth connects smoothly. If I am on the phone in the morning, walk out to the car while still talking the audio etc usually switches over to the Z2 before I hit the end of my block.

The phone book does not sync, as the iPhone does not support it. grrr. I programmed in 10 or so people that I actually call a lot so that is OK.

I have a Z2, and my iPhone makes that same digital sound every once in a while. Not on every call, but most so I don't think it is the phone. But I also have a loud 'pop' when I answer the call. I'm not sure what it is... any ideas?

I think that is pretty normal...My 05 BMW's factory BT does wierd things like that too...

Until there is a set standard for BT, which is slowly getting there, it will be hard for cell manufacturers and BT manufacturers to make everything seemless...

I think the pop is the internal amp switching to whatever speaker you have set to use during calls....and the garbled sound is just that, garbled data being sent back and forth from your phone to your BT module. It's probably a lag during syncing up(if that makes sense).... I could be completely wrong.

• 1 month later...
This is REALLY important because I need to figure out if I'm returning my iPhone or just getting it exchanged fro a new one.

Here it is: Has anyone had problems hearing the other end of the conversation when you are connected with your iPhone to the Z2? Specifically I here this digital "brdrdrrdrdrdrddrdrddrrdrdrdr" sound either before or after the person starts to talk which cuts out either the first half or second half of their conversation. If none of you are experiencing it, I'm going to assume I have a defective iPhone (I know it could be the Z2 or it's bluetooth unit) and get a replacement.

Any new developments with this? My iPhone has worked flawlessly for months and now has started doing the "digital crapola" sound. In fact, in the past few days the regularity is increasing.

Anyone have any insight as to what is causing the BT interference?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem and it was actually an easy fix. My Z1's BT was located just below my cup holder in my Avalanche, which is were my iPhone ended up (in the cup holder). Once it started making that horrible noise I couldn't get it to stop until I transfered the call back the the headset. Once I moved the BT unit away from the phone, no more noise.

I just got a BlackBird II from Santa and I set up the BT on that and it automatically saw all my contacts, recent calls and missed calls. Too bad the speaker is so weak that you can't use it if you're actually driving.

That is exactly where mine is. I guess I don't pay attention to it that much. I'm use to a little garble when I first initiate a call. But I also think what Macalanche is talking about it wireless RF interference. The same stuff as when you set your phone close to speakers(like PC)...In which I noticed that the Iphone seems to do alot more than other phones.

As far as the volume being too low...Do a reset on the Avic...ensure that the BT volume is as high as it'll go on both your phone and the Avic...I also turned the Avic's main volume up(just in case)....then re-pair the phone....Then your BT volume will probably be ear piercing, so you'll probably have to go back into the Avic's BT volume control and lower it your liking...

I'll have to check out the BlackBird, never seen it, cause I really don't like the Iphone

post-11718-12872753475607_thumb.jpg

Any new developments with this? My iPhone has worked flawlessly for months and now has started doing the "digital crapola" sound. In fact, in the past few days the regularity is increasing.

Anyone have any insight as to what is causing the BT interference?

try turning off wifi on the iphone when you get in the car, it works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
whats the deal with turning the iphone on/off once a day?

:?:

I haven't heard that one before....I do know that doing "soft reset" does wonders as far as browser performance on the Iphone...

(soft reset=holding the home button for several seconds)

I don't have these issues...I'm curious to know, if this may be some of the other's first BT enabled head unit/ phone....because some wierd "syncing" sounds are normal...at least I haven't seen a phone/BT setup in any vehicle or phone(whether aftermarket or factory) that doesn't make some kind of "digital" static when you first make a call or answer a call...but during the conversation is great....

• 1 month later...