AVIC411.com

FINALLY VIDEOS OF THE KENWOOD DNX7100 Here ya go. Enjoy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Cow! This is the coolest car accessory ever! My installer hooked up the reverse camera so that it automatically comes on in reverse like it's supposed to. He also added a rocker switch in a blank on the dash so I can pop up the rear view cam instantly any time. The nav seems to be flawless so far. The DVD playback and picture quality is very crisp. I love it! The bluetooth speaker phone works great and I sound way better over the speaker phone than I expected.

1. The DNX7100 is not connected to the VSS wire, the unit determines your speed via it's link to the satellite(S), yes that's plural..

the speed is usually of by .5mph

See image at the time of this picture I had 10 sattelites I was recieving and sending my location too.

The VSS hookup is not for speed per se, it's for dead reckoning. I used to have a stand-alone Garmin, which I loved, but it did not have dead reckoning. Sounds like the Kenwood doesn't either, which is kind of surprising these days.

In case you're not familiar with it, dead reckoning uses a gyro and the speed input from the car to keep accurately routing even when you lose the satellite signal temporarily. My Z1, which I am seriously considering selling to get the Kenwood (I will never buy another Pioneer product after wasting money on the Z1), has that one advantage that it keeps routing even if the signal is interrupted.

1. The DNX7100 is not connected to the VSS wire, the unit determines your speed via it's link to the satellite(S), yes that's plural..

the speed is usually of by .5mph

See image at the time of this picture I had 10 sattelites I was recieving and sending my location too.

The VSS hookup is not for speed per se, it's for dead reckoning. I used to have a stand-alone Garmin, which I loved, but it did not have dead reckoning. Sounds like the Kenwood doesn't either, which is kind of surprising these days.

In case you're not familiar with it, dead reckoning uses a gyro and the speed input from the car to keep accurately routing even when you lose the satellite signal temporarily. My Z1, which I am seriously considering selling to get the Kenwood (I will never buy another Pioneer product after wasting money on the Z1), has that one advantage that it keeps routing even if the signal is interrupted.

Actually there's NO VSS wire in the DNX 7100 See installation manual here.

http://inform2.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/D ... nstall.pdf

Yea, I used to have a KNA-G510 and that sucker used to lose signal sometimes or take 30-90 seconds to get a signal sometimes if my car had been off for more then a day. The antenna was placed in line of sight with the sky, but it was the lack of dead-reckoning (i.e., no VSS hookup) that led to the long delays in getting and keeping a signal sometimes.

Hey FF2MOE

thanks for all the videos of the kenwoood, would it be possible for you to post the video for the bluetooth functionality ( showing an incoming call and the different ways of making an outgoing call -- does it show the callerid when a call comes in -- does it have any voice prompt when the call comes is, does it have voice dialing or does it support the voice recognition of the phone).

I also wanted to see some more on the ipod integration, naviagting albums and songs in the album.

Does it have text to speech for navigation ( does it say street names while giving directions), how deatiled are the maps, I am really impressed with this unit, these vidoes will help me to finally decide.

thnks

nilesh_dang

Hi Guys

I have an Acura MDX 2005 with Bose, anybosy has any installation instruction on these, and I tried to search for the Double Din kit for the car, but could not find any. Any Suggestions?

Crutchfield website says that its not compatible with Acura MDX 2005 w Bose. Any suggestions whether I will be able to get it hooked up in my MDX.

Thanks

nilesh_dang

• 2 weeks later...
Hey FF2MOE

thanks for all the videos of the kenwoood, would it be possible for you to post the video for the bluetooth functionality ( showing an incoming call and the different ways of making an outgoing call -- does it show the callerid when a call comes in -- does it have any voice prompt when the call comes is, does it have voice dialing or does it support the voice recognition of the phone).

I also wanted to see some more on the ipod integration, naviagting albums and songs in the album.

Does it have text to speech for navigation ( does it say street names while giving directions), how deatiled are the maps, I am really impressed with this unit, these vidoes will help me to finally decide.

thnks

nilesh_dang

+1 very interested in this also... i'm on the fence between this and the panasonic strada... is there any delay while inputting commands on the interface or is it instantaneous (i.e. selecting inputs, entering destinations, pressing buttons on the screen).

Not to hijack your thread FF2MOE, but I just finished installing my kenwood and absolutely LOVE it! I was so surprised to see c|net give it such a bad review that I had to go post one of my own!

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-gps-navigat ... &tag=uolst

A few of you have questioned the USB functionality: You cannot have your iPod AND another USB device connected at the same time. The system won't support a USB hub. So yes, you'd have to switch the device manually everytime. This however is not difficult to do if you route the USB cable from the unit to a handy location, like your glove box. I did that and makes life much easier for loading backgrounds, music (mostly irrelevant owning an iPod), videos or other files.

Here are some pics (not real great) of my install:

HPIM0492Large.jpg

HPIM0504Large.jpg

HPIM0502Large.jpg

HPIM0498Large.jpg

HPIM0490Large.jpg

HPIM0368Large.jpg

DSCN1170Large.jpg

BUY THE KENWOOD! Where is the Kenwood forum anyway?

Regards,

~Syd

• 2 months later...