AVIC411.com

Bypassing the AVIC-N3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Anonymous"]A solution I did was a bit tricky. I wanted to be able to have the functions when I drove, but not when other people drove my car, I wanted them to have to put the parking break on. So I installed a simple switch, that when on grounded the system, providing the funtion, but on the off side of the switch I had two wires, the one from the stereo, and the one to the parking break. This way if the switch was off, you could ground the system by pulling the parking break and work on the system, and if the switch was on, it would always work. The switch is installed in the glove box and I leave it on all the time, except when someone else is going to use my car, then I flip the (somewhat) hidden switch, and then if they want to use the functions that require it, they put the parking break on.

Also this might be good if you get pulled over, flip the switch and if they wanted to test the system they would see you needed the parking break on, and that you "didn't" bypass the system. Hopefully this might help at least one person....[/quote]

Are you willing to sell a switch like this for someone that can't make it, lol.
[quote name="ummjay"]Are you willing to sell a switch like this for someone that can't make it, lol.[/quote]

Believe it or not, the installer at Circuit City did it for me! (Even though he is forbidden to do so on the clock ;) Lets just say he got a NICE tip from me LOL )
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you guys tell me if there is anyway to watch DVDs while driving without voiding the warranty?

I currently have a AVHP6600 that had to be sent into repairs under warranty because of some problem, and I'm worried if I get the N3 and void the warranty and something happens, they wont fix my N3..

Thanks
ok my installer originally installed the parking brake lead to a toggle switch so that I didnt have to actually have the brake on, all I had to do was toggle that switch, unfortunately i had to be doing less than 10 mph or whatever to use all funtions.
I read the post in here and I embarked on a journey that I thought would be difficult.
I am useless when It comes to installations.
Let me tell you that it was the easiest thing I have ever done.
under the unit is the little foil sticker, peel it back with your fingernail, slide the switch over with a small flathead, put the shit back together,
that simple, i turned my car back on, and BAMMMMMMMM.
everything worked, I believe however that is because my installer had already grounded the light green lead to a toggle switch.
Your installer should be able to do that for you, unless hes an asshole, in which case maybe its time to visit another installer.
usually they dont wanna touch the inner of the units because people come back when thier unit isnt working complaining that its all their fault.
believe me if i did anyone can.
big matt L.I. ny, and yo....If you need to email me, ill send you step by step pics on how to, hows that?