AVIC411.com

Bypassing the AVIC-N3

Ok,,, I spoke with my installer and he grounded the brake wire to a ground wire in the harness.Then he removed the sticker flipped the switch and all systems functions while moving forward...THis is what I had installed..

Avic n3
GEX-P10XMT XM Digital Satellite Data & Audio Receiver,
NDC-B1 Pioneer back up camera

2005 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 8' bed 4x4 FX4 package
Factory trailer package, Tow haul, integrated trailer brakes
T-class Cap from Century
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LILJOHN"]Ok,,, I spoke with my installer and he grounded the brake wire to a ground wire in the harness.Then he removed the sticker flipped the switch and all systems functions while moving forward...THis is what I had installed..

Avic n3
GEX-P10XMT XM Digital Satellite Data & Audio Receiver,
NDC-B1 Pioneer back up camera[/quote]

You are a gentleman and a scholar! I am getting those three things along with the newer ipod adaptor and tv tuner :) Goodies!!
I was thinking about this. Rather than hooking the parking brake bypass, what about hooking to the brake petal switch. Would this have the desired effect of letting functions work when stopped at a stop light? For example if I am stopped at a light I could enter a new address without setting the parking brake.
  • 3 weeks later...
No, there are no points to solder on the N1. If you are using the CNDV40 software, you just have to ground the parking brake wire. Don't think it can be bypassed with newer software

[quote name="ArizonaF150N1"]GUEST---"It should be on the Bottom of the AVIC-N3. The N2 and N1 didn't have the switch, but two leads you soldered together (carefully, lol)."

Anybody know what leads he's talking about for the N1?[/quote]
  • 2 weeks later...
I count not stant it anymore the bypass was a problem. I know one person who pulled off the road to operate their NAV system and got a ticket.... The officer thought it was odd that someone would pull off where they did and decided to investigate. The ticket had nothing to do with the NAV system or how he pulled off the road. It was for the missing front plate! The officer had to write up something I guess.

I pealed back the label and flipped the switch and then grounded the break lead.

Works like a charm.

Of course, be careful, doing anything but driving is distracting and if you crash you have no-one else to blame but yourself... But this allows me to use the nav system when I am at a stop light for example. Otherwise I would have to set the parking brake at a stop light which is dangerous in itself!
Hello. Ok, well thus far this post has been very helpful. I am receiving my Avic-N3 in the mail tomorrow and plan on having someone install it for me. THis will be my first type of screen/navi in my car.

I want my system bypassed....obviously. I understand that to do this you have to flip that switch and have the installer attach that wire to the e-brake??

What will this exactly enable me to do? I want to be able to have full working dvd and/or nav functions while I am traveling above 5 mph. I dont want to have to press down the brake, e-brake, etc. With the procedure discussed here, will I be ok? I am confused about the 'stop light' thing and 'pressing the brake in'. If I have that switch flipped and the wire grounded, will I be able to watch dvds while traveling above 15 mph (w/out depressing the brakes, etc)?.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any feedback!

-Lane
Doing the bypass will allow you to use all the functions all the time. Pull the sticker, flip the switch, ground the light green parking brake wire. Done

[quote name="Lanep82"]Hello. Ok, well thus far this post has been very helpful. I am receiving my Avic-N3 in the mail tomorrow and plan on having someone install it for me. THis will be my first type of screen/navi in my car.

I want my system bypassed....obviously. I understand that to do this you have to flip that switch and have the installer attach that wire to the e-brake??

What will this exactly enable me to do? I want to be able to have full working dvd and/or nav functions while I am traveling above 5 mph. I dont want to have to press down the brake, e-brake, etc. With the procedure discussed here, will I be ok? I am confused about the 'stop light' thing and 'pressing the brake in'. If I have that switch flipped and the wire grounded, will I be able to watch dvds while traveling above 15 mph (w/out depressing the brakes, etc)?.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any feedback!

-Lane[/quote]
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]Doing the bypass will allow you to use all the functions all the time. Pull the sticker, flip the switch, ground the light green parking brake wire. Done
[/quote]

I did this too. Works perfectly. Pulled the light green parking brake wire, found another ground in the car, and voila! full function Nav (like my Alpline system in the other car). =)
A solution I did was a bit tricky. I wanted to be able to have the functions when I drove, but not when other people drove my car, I wanted them to have to put the parking break on. So I installed a simple switch, that when on grounded the system, providing the funtion, but on the off side of the switch I had two wires, the one from the stereo, and the one to the parking break. This way if the switch was off, you could ground the system by pulling the parking break and work on the system, and if the switch was on, it would always work. The switch is installed in the glove box and I leave it on all the time, except when someone else is going to use my car, then I flip the (somewhat) hidden switch, and then if they want to use the functions that require it, they put the parking break on.

Also this might be good if you get pulled over, flip the switch and if they wanted to test the system they would see you needed the parking break on, and that you "didn't" bypass the system. Hopefully this might help at least one person....
  • 3 weeks later...
I was attempting to do the N3 bypass. I moved the switch, grounded the light green wire. Went to test the N3 and...nothing. Everything seems secure but I am not getting anything.

Anyone have any siggestions? I am going to the place where I got it installed tomorrow, but would love to save the time and do it myself...although that is how I got into this mess.
Did you plug in the harness and the yellow rgb cable? They both have to be plugged in for the unit to turn on

[quote name="asianjedi"]I was attempting to do the N3 bypass. I moved the switch, grounded the light green wire. Went to test the N3 and...nothing. Everything seems secure but I am not getting anything.

Anyone have any siggestions? I am going to the place where I got it installed tomorrow, but would love to save the time and do it myself...although that is how I got into this mess.[/quote]
I just bypassed my system! It was perfect. The switch just slides to the other side. grounded the light green wire on the metal of the car. Plugged her back in and... Perfect! I couldnt be happier!