AVIC411.com

I hate my Z2!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An honest mistake. The system was useful to him and he wanted to pass along his good fortune. It just didn't turn out that way for me. Everybody has a different idea of what the best system is for them. My friend is truly a friend. The kind you don't find everyday. He's gone way out of his way to help with some other matters. Can't knock him for trying.

Well here I am again complaining about the routing of the Z1. Yesterday I put in an address and it was a joke. Tells me to turn right out of driveway heading south, should of turned left heading north, proceeded south for about one mile left turn, right turn, right turn, right turn,heading north passing my driveway! I laughed an then I thought what the hell are you laughing about dummy you paid two grand for this piece of sh#%. I won't go into detail of the rest of the trip but I'm sure glad that I had my google map because the four hour trip would have taken eight. Pioneer tells me to upgrade maps but I hate to spend another 250 and not have it work any better.

Here you go Nicky Carts. Its far from being finished but I'm getting there slowly but surely. Unless you owned a Dodge Ram you wouldn't notice that I relocated the 4 buttons in the dash under the radio. The buttons are for: 2 seat heaters, an exhaust brake, and the rear sliding window. It took a lot of monkey business to get it to fit underneath the radio and still look right. I moved it because I absolutely love the cup holder in the Ford Excursion and I had to have a place to put it. I will be installing it, as you see in the picture, where the 4 buttons used to go. I will paint the dash and cup holder (I hate the silver look). Now I will mount the Z2 right underneath the cup holder and build a custom box around it that includes a pair of speakers. It will probably be made of fiberglass like Cntrylvr79's but I'll probably cover it with leather to match the interior. I'll get rid of the cup holders that came stock as they are on the floor on the tunnel and don't leave much room for a 6th passerger to put their feet. It will take a couple weeks to get it finished but you can get a look at the floor plan until I do.

post-10880-12872752866967_thumb.jpg

Megacab eh. Those things are friggin beasts. Nice, but damn they don't fit in the shop. BTW if you're going to relocate a cup holder over the avic, mak sure you seal the area between the bottom of the cup holder and the top of the avic. A lot of subarus have cupholders over the stock radio. And I can't tell you the number of coffee soaked radios I've pull out of them things.

Megacab eh. Those things are friggin beasts. Nice, but damn they don't fit in the shop. BTW if you're going to relocate a cup holder over the avic, mak sure you seal the area between the bottom of the cup holder and the top of the avic. A lot of subarus have cupholders over the stock radio. And I can't tell you the number of coffee soaked radios I've pull out of them things.

You're right about them not fitting in the shop. I just ripped out my 7' doors and put in 10 footers. I hope I don't get the urge to jack it up more than that! :roll: