AVIC411.com

Freezing on startup... YES ANOTHER ONE!

Yeah, it started a few days ago. Today, it did it at least 5 times. Nothing fixed it, no reset, nothing. I get the intro screen and thats it.

Im highly pissed the fuck off.

Is the bypass screwin these up? I had ZERO issues before the bypass. Now i get freezing. However, it has been hotter than all hell too. So, I dont know. I seriously doubt its the "update/bypass" that would make zero sense.

Its going back to the shop I got it installed at tomorrow though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not the bypass. its heat related.

buy a T8 and the next time it wont boot slide the HD out its way to easy and just feel it in your hand it will be HOT cool it in front of the AC duct for 3-5 and throw it back in and it will boot. dont do it for me lol do it for the cause lol

im hoping once this is settled and were noisey about this problem and get in toshibas and pioneers face and let people know that pioneer bought a bunch of bad HD,s from toshiba and they both will play the blame game but im hoping 1 of them will pony up to this.

we all need to be on the same page and we need this to become common knowledge that there just faulty HD,s that dont hold up to there heat rating

Yup, 100% without a doubt its heat. After sitting over night in my garage, I drove today and sure enough the unit worked like it did the first day I bought it.

Had some funky issues with cd play back and record today though. Each track would play a few seconds, then move to the next. This was all while the cd was being recorded onto the HD. However, when the songs are played back from the HD, they play back perfectly.

What is the deal with this machine? Pioneer shoulda named it the Emily Rose.... friggin possessed damn thing. :roll::evil:

Where do you live? If you live up north and it's really not all that hot and/or you park your car undercover and in the shade you've got nothing to worry about. However, if you tell me that you live in Las Vegas and park your car in an asphalt parking lot 8 hours a day, and still haven't had a freeze I'm going to need to know what the build date on your hard drive is...

I think that would be an important data to collect (Pioneer *cough, cough*).

Demographic data collection on units that freeze and the average daily high temps in the summer season.

BTW, I am in Seattle, and it does not get too hot here, but my Z1 has survived hot days where it reached close to 90.

the heat at which they can withstand is update dependant

the only way to know the real temp there failing at would be to have sensors letting us know hot the HU is actually getting.

the other problem is once they start failing the temp threshold drops dramaticaly.

it should be on the box you buy this in, or better yet they should give you a sunshade with every purchase lol.

honestly we get the 85C HD,s and a sunshade i think we have this whipped. and im not really game spending another buck fitty on this unit for a HD when i know in a month or so ill be good for 8 months of colder weather. by then maybe the toshiba HD will be made public and the prices will be cheaper to.

I got my deck back a couple of weeks ago, pioneer didnt send any kind of info as to what the problem was. It was good for two days that were in the 100's but now its back to freezing again. i have a switch for the power and as long as i drive it for about 20 minutes with the air full blast and turn it off and on it will work fine.

My Z2 has been freezing up recently. It wasn't hot at all, 65 degrees and freezes up.

My unit will eventually get passed the start up splash screen after an hour of waiting and multiple resets. When its does, the music in my library will scroll by songs without playing them.

Has anyone experienced this problem as well as frequent splash screen freeze ups?

yes if you read the whole thread in the 2 you posted with your problems youll get a good background on whats going on.

mine did that like yours you need to do the bypass update ISO for one

second the heat has different effects on each HD in its own way and how much heat the HD was subject too