AVIC411.com

Freezing on startup... YES ANOTHER ONE!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dear dear people worry no longer there is a fix for the issue and it should be available soon (within this week)

So tell us all where you get such knowledge? Pioneer obviously doesn't know so how would you know. And don't say that a simple 14gauge wire will do the trick cause that is a bunch of baloney. Aside from replacing the HDD or reimaging it with a fresh image and then providing the HDD with a heat sink. Nothing will work. Unless of course you use a hybrid HDD that uses flash memory.

Mine started again this morning, called Pioneer and they want the unit back for repair on my z1. Couple month ago did the same thing and the next day started fine for a while 'till this morning. Very frustrated. I have my Tundra parked for the past 2 Hrs. will see what happen and if in fact is the temperature. I'll keep you posted you all. I'm in Long Beach CA and the weather is about 82°. will see. :shock:

Looks like my unit will be going back to the Ohio repair center. I purchased my Z2 from Qualitymobilevideo.com and Lorenzo there said I could send it to him so they could send it in for me but why send it to calf. then for service in that area. Does any body know if they are a authorized dealer, before i send it in. Or is one service center better than the other. This website shows there are quite a few Z2"s out there with this condition so they should be aware there is something going on with these units by now. If not lets team up and call Teresa at pioneer by email or phone and show how many units are out there requiring a fix for there problem. The more people that contact the more they are aware that this is a problem found and npf is not an option or refund my purchase so I can move on to a more reliable unit. What do you think guys. Just my opinion :?:

some people don't belive me but that is okay. If you can't wait a couple of days then you can send your unit in for repair I know a great technician in ohio that would love the easy repair. Trust me when I say there is a fix and the problem is not the hard drive it is the communication signal between the hdd and the processor. the fix is coming very soon

some people don't belive me but that is okay. If you can't wait a couple of days then you can send your unit in for repair I know a great technician in ohio that would love the easy repair. Trust me when I say there is a fix and the problem is not the hard drive it is the communication signal between the hdd and the processor. the fix is coming very soon

Ok, a little less vague, thats a bit better. But, who are you and why should we listen? Do you work for pioneer? You have to excuse my mistrust, but if we listened to every person that came on here with all these claims of "oh theres a fix coming" or "I have the bypass for the z2!" then we'd all have z2s with cut up NAV antenna cables and ground switches.

So, again, who are you and why do you know what you know? Or better yet, how do you know what you know?

LOL...would you happen to be the tech I just spoke to? Funny how his name is Neal, and works in the Ohio service center....small world!

Lets say what your saying is true!

How do I get my hands on it? Do I call or do they send out an email of some sort. I've seen post on this board were people are receiving updates and fixes and nothing has come by my email or on there site. So will I have to call and ask for it?

Hell, I'm hoping your right............its a good unit outside of this f-up..