AVIC411.com

Freezing on startup... YES ANOTHER ONE!

some people don't belive me but that is okay. If you can't wait a couple of days then you can send your unit in for repair I know a great technician in ohio that would love the easy repair. Trust me when I say there is a fix and the problem is not the hard drive it is the communication signal between the hdd and the processor. the fix is coming very soon

Hell, I'm hoping your right............its a good unit outside of this f-up..

I'll agree with that. When it works, it works well.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the firmware update info....

To address this potential service issue, Pioneer is offering a free firmware update. If you would like to receive the free update, you may do so in one of the three ways listed below. Before obtaining the firmware update, you need to know whether you have an AVIC-Z1 or AVIC-Z2.

1. Download the free update to your computer from http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/avicz1update/ and burn the update onto a computer disc for insertion into your AVIC-Z1 or AVIC-Z2; OR

2. Order the computer disc containing the free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404; OR

3. Call Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 to arrange for your AVIC-Z1 or AVIC-Z2 to be mailed to Pioneer for Pioneer to install the free update.