AVIC411.com

How to use the Aux Input on a 07 Ford F-150 with the Z2

I have a 2007 Ford F-150 with a Z2 installed. At the top (in the middle) of my dash there is a port there for a Aux input. I was wondering how can I use this port with the Z2 so that I play My mp3 player through the Z2. I have the Creative Vision: M mp3 player. Thanks alot fellas

More specifically, you're going to need the Pioneer CDRB20

That will definitely work.. But if you're not using the A/V Inputs on the AVIC, then you could get away with tapping it into those inputs vice buying a CDRB20.

Either way, you need to know which wires connect from the Aux jack to the harness at the back of the radio. Tapping in there will be the easiest... if this fails, go straight to the jack and tap into the wires there. ( Or at least check the color and go look at the radio harness again for that color of wire. )

LK

• 4 weeks later...

Uh.. it's been answered how to do it.. Not step by step, but at least the general idea.

The CDRB20 was what whtcrxghst said was too expensive. If you buy one, it will work and serve your purpose. If you don't, you can use the Aux A/V input of the AVIC to accomplish the same thing.

2 options. Pick one. As per my earlier post, you need to tap into the wires coming from the aux in jack on your dash and tie them into either of the above inputs on the AVIC. When it's all closed up, it'll be a nice clean install, no wires hanging out.

LK

P.S. If you don't follow what we're talk'n about, you should probably find a reputable install shop to do this part.

I just check the CDRB20 out, its only $75, thats not expensive. I someone doesnt mind can you please give me a small step by step instruction on how to do this with the cdrb20. If the CDRB20 makes it a easier install than Im down for it. I just saw something on the CRBD20. It has a power and gnd wire. As of right now I have enough power and ground electronics coming off of these factory wires. I dont want to overload something. Can someone explain the other way for me. Maybe someone on here knows which wires are the factory ford aux wires (color wise anyway) that I can connect to the back of the Z2. Has anyone of you guys done this b4. Thanks a milion

I wish I could help you but I'd need to look at the bottom of the aux input. I know what you're talking about, I have an 04 F150 but the Dashboard Tray Aux input only comes on the 06+ models. I had to implement a PIE-Aux unit to have auxillery input on my Audiophile head unit. It's going to be pretty simple, get some pics of the underside. You will probably need to cut the lead coming out of the aux input and like others have said, just wire up a MALE tip.