AVIC411.com

D3 Pet Peeves

Of course theres the single disc slot, but its not that big of a deal since the ipod interface works well, albeit a bit slow. Another thing that kinda bugs me is that the volume indicator is on the bottom left part of the screen so that when you are turning the knob, your hand is covering the indicator :evil: . Why didnt they put it in the upper left? Can you move it?

Since you have had you D3 installed, what are your pet peeves?

- I would like to see if my phone (via bluetooth) is connected in other AV modes). Or be able to see Signal Strench and Battery.

- Have an option to remove the red direction bar in NAV mode (you know the direct line between home and destination)

- AV (Radio/Ipod) would not turn off when entering BT menu. Would only turn off when placing / receiving a call.

- Day/Night would work using internal time, not the illumination cable

- Put system options in the main AV menu config, not in NAV (Time, Background, etc.) These are main system option, not navigation related options.

- Software upgrades. Example, the new Z2 can display 3D icons. Would a software upgrade be able to do the trick for D3?

- Animated background / splash screen. Yep, would be great to see an animated splash screen..

- Side Buttons LED Quality. I just feel the light could be more uniform.

That's all I think for now.

I wish you could scroll through mp3's on a disk like you can with the ipod, by artist, genre, whatever. Not just by the folder it's in.

Also, for mp3 disks, when the shuffle function is on, hitting next should go to the next random song, not go to the next song in order. Or what's the point of having it on shuffle?

This just give me another one.

In the ipod, could be great if we could use the scroll bar instead of pressing on the arrow down. When you have a good collection, it's pretty long to go at the bottom of the list.

Also, It does not display the name of the selection you are in. So if I am in a artist list, it will not tell me that I am in this directory. Same thing for selections.

Steven

while some of your "peevs" are waranted lets not forget this is a full in dash navigation with dvd for under 1000 at that price you really cant complain.

what was ur complaint about the single disk slot?

my only prob is that you cant output anything but dvd to rear screens. on the z's you could show navi and more importantly vehicle dynamics

while some of your "peevs" are waranted lets not forget this is a full in dash navigation with dvd for under 1000 at that price you really cant complain.

what was ur complaint about the single disk slot?

Dont get me wrong, I love my D3. I considered replacing it with another unit so I can have an active setup, but I dont want to part with my D3.

With one disc slot, if you have a music or mp3 disc in there you will need to swap it if you want to use the navigation.

My Pet Peeve is this.

That the left and right hard buttons (if you were in CD mode they select tracks) don't go through the radio presets.

It's not that big of a deal, but if I have the map up and I want to go from radio preset 1 to radio preset 2, I have to bring the tuner screen back up and

select the preset from the screen.

Instead of just hitting the left/right key to go through my presets.

Also not including RDS was an oversight.

My Pet Peeve is this.

That the left and right hard buttons (if you were in CD mode they select tracks) don't go through the radio presets.

It's not that big of a deal, but if I have the map up and I want to go from radio preset 1 to radio preset 2, I have to bring the tuner screen back up and

select the preset from the screen.

Instead of just hitting the left/right key to go through my presets.

Also not including RDS was an oversight.

YES! since i always use my steering wheel controls.

My pet peeve is:

When you are in map mode and you press the next button to go the next track on your ipod, it shows you track title and artist, but when it just finishes the song that you are listening to (using shuffle all songs) it doesn't show the next song that started playing.

Maybe there is a workaround for this?

Anyways...thats the only thing I don't like