AVIC411.com

New ipod and D3

So, I have a theory. Apparently the video out feature is enabled if you use the compatible 'apple universal dock.' If that dock connects to the Pioneer cable, wouldn't that allow it to be used as it should (before Apple screwed us)? From the pictures I can see, it looks like it is the same type of connector as what would normally go into the dock port.

The pioneer cable connects to the dock port on the ipod. The dock connects to the dock port on the ipod. It looks like the dock then has another dock port connection for various cables, like the included USB cable. Presumably you would just use that port. I will test the theory as soon as they are in stock at work.

My other thoery is that if there is an apple cable that plugs into the headphone connection, that would allow you to turn the video out feature on. As long as you keep it connected to the pioneer cable at the same time, it may work as it does with other Ipods.

Or Apple could admit their treachery and unlock the feature with a firmware update.

Hi, there are 2 Apple Universal Docks. Model # MA045G for the 30GB/80GB 5.5 generation and the new universal dock that comes with the remote control. The new one is about doubled the cost of the older one.

Does anyone know if the older model MA045G universal dock will work for the new 80GB/160GB Ipod Classics ?

Thanks.