AVIC411.com

Crappy Customer Service

What would be real nice is for someone to question them on the CES floor with press around why the NEX units still do not function correctly. App Radio mode is still broken with IOS 8.

There are many complaints of the "Hey SIRI" not working with the NEX also. Car Play still has rough edges too.

I wish Kenwood had something similar to App Radio mode to run Waze. I'd dump my App Radio 3 and 6000NEX in a heartbeat and jump ship.

Pioneer fixes problems by just releasing new models with the fixes. They do NOT care about trying to fix existing customer's issues. Why should they? Less people would buy new models.

This might pique your interest.

How is it bad customer service?

1. They can't tell me when they're releasing a feature that they falsely advertised as being ready spring of 2014 that I based the purchase of my unit on. It doesn't function as advertised.

2. A firmware update broke the keyboard on my unit, an issue others have reported on here. It's clear this is a firmware issue and can be corrected with a firmware update. Instead of contacting me to troubleshoot the issue or investigating the issue so they can contact engineering to fix it they want me to rip the radio out of my car and send it in at my expense which is absolutely unnecessary. They don't want to be bothered to troubleshoot, just "send it in" and let it be someone else's problem and my huge inconvenience. Tell me how their response in any way is an indicator of good customer service, name one aspect.. I bet you can't.

I have mental issues because I contact a company requesting support through a medium they advertise on their website (email) and when they brush me off telling me to rip my radio out and send it to them for something that clearly doesn't require it, I ask them to contact me? How is that unreasonable and how does that make me have mental issues?  If you ask me, the person who throws personal insults at someone because they don't agree with their opinion on an issue is the one with mental issues. Unlike you, I don't need to insult people just because I don't agree with them.

For the record, I have also called them several times and didn't get anywhere... As I've said in previous posts of mine, it used to be when I called them I could get an actual engineer on the phone who had a test unit available to them and they would actually take genuine interest in the question/problem, attempt to reproduce it over the phone, and suggest a remedy accordingly. Now all you get are customer service reps with a problem tree that ultimately always ends with "send the unit in" and they just want to get off the phone. I have called several times for this incident and either got a message telling me they were closed for lunch, or I wait on hold for 30 minutes with no answer... My expectation of genuine customer service is not unrealistic..  And I don't recall where I said I wanted a swarm of Pioneer engineers to come to my car, all I wanted is someone to follow the natural logical steps to troubleshoot and escalate. From the sound of your responsone and personality, it seems like you'd fit right in over there at Pioneer support. (ooops.. I guess I lied.. I insulted after all)

-Keith

I have also called them several times and didn't get anywhere.

I've had to write formal letters to corporations like Microsoft, Apple, etc., all of which outsource tier1 support. Its just how businesses save money. Tier1 usually follows a script, asks specific questions, provides specific answers, and when a threshold is reached, escalates the issue. In this case mail-in is the escalation. Tier1 reps are typically generalists; the bigger the company, the less you can expect from them.

In this case escalation is an inconvenience. I would try to ask for an escalation to tier2, or to a manager. If the tier1 tech doesn't feel threatened (they may be scared of being dinged), there might be a chance you'd get through to a more capable/competent person. :)

If you don't get farther, then you might mention you are preparing a formal letter to Pioneer USA with a paper trail of correspondence if you can't talk to a tier2 person or manager. ;)

Thanks for the link to the Kenwood. Maybe I will sell off my 6000NEX, now worth a lot less than I paid and also my App Radio 3.

If Pioneer would at least make App Radio mode stable I would have no problem with new units introducing new features, such as one cable Car Play or Android Auto. The issue I have is Pioneer has NOT demonstrated ANY effort to make existing units work as advertised.

They are definitely losing my business.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm glad I stooped in here.

The person posting the Kenwood link should think twice. It's looks as though Kenwood is doing the same thng. No support on last year model, but bragging how good this year model is. When you get it, half the features aren't working.

Both compies need a message sent to them by the customers. Don't buy any of their products, and a class action suit.

I was going to replace my POS Kenwood 990hd with a Pioneer 8000 nex, but I see both companies have the same support, and a crappy buggy product.

Warning do NOT buy a Kenwood, it's even worse the the NEX. Support is lacking, and every upgade a diasister.

Nice to know these companies compete for just how crappy they can make a very expensive head end unit.

Yes, I expect better than "reset your unit", oh, send it in. If many users are reporting the same issue, why be so clueless?

I'll tell you why, money. If you deny it, or make it painful, a large percentage will just give up.

If it's a software bug, just what is sending it in going to do? They will just send you another POS, until you give up.

This is no way to do business, not at all.

BTW that wise ass, sounds like a manager of customer support ;)

Get it clear in your head, people want a solution, not some convuluted support system, reading a script, or the runaround.

Pioneer you lost a sell.

Always check the internet before laying down $1400 for a defective /buggy unit.

At Least your unit still works. When I tried to update my 5000Nex to the first car play update it bricked my unit ( no cause of mine ). Called them back when it happened and told me that its a software issue it is not covered under warranty and that it would cost me at least 85$ plus shipping to get it fixed.... its been 2 or  4 months since. Iv tried 20 thumb drives and sd cards. tried all the different updates and nothing. still a brick and i still have not sent it in for repair because paying that for something the update did to it is bs. I think that will be my last pioneer 2 din unit I buy. Hope you get things sorted out.

At Least your unit still works. When I tried to update my 5000Nex to the first car play update it bricked my unit ( no cause of mine ). Called them back when it happened and told me that its a software issue it is not covered under warranty and that it would cost me at least 85$ plus shipping to get it fixed.... its been 2 or 4 months since. Iv tried 20 thumb drives and sd cards. tried all the different updates and nothing. still a brick and i still have not sent it in for repair because paying that for something the update did to it is bs. I think that will be my last pioneer 2 din unit I buy. Hope you get things sorted out.

I would have paid the $85 and then fought Pioneer on the fee. A certified letter to Pioneer corporate with all the details. The time/stress spread over 2-4 months would not have been worth it to me personally. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting I guess that IS a good idea. :D

Honestly I'm tired of being screwed over and hearing about people getting the shaft with our hard earned money to resort to things like this, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Make sure to pay with a visa

Honestly I'm tired of being screwed over and hearing about people getting the shaft with our hard earned money to resort to things like this, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Make sure to pay with a visa

Can you post your comment in Stewie Griffin's voice?

Sorry. I couldn't resist. :)

I hear ya, and I'm behind you.