AVIC411.com

iOS 8.2 No Album Art with 3rd Party Apps

Hi

Well I've done some more testing.  I was able to install ios 8.3 onto my phone and have tested it with carplay.  Everything is now working and can see music art when using 3rd party apps.  I have tested with Spotify and Rdio, as those are the only ones I can use since I'm in the UK.  Also the album art seems to look a lot better than it ever has.  Not sure if it is just me or the fact I haven't seen it in a awhile but I can confirm the problem with music art is down to ios 8.2

i'm running iOS 8.2 and am having no problem with the album art from Spotify.  And it does look better - like a better quality picture file is being used.  I noticed that this morning, and thought that it was just me thinking i was seeing that, but apparently others see it as well.  

I wasn't able to get any album art with Spotify running ios 8.2.  I have noticed the fade is still there, it shows at the bottom of the album art where the music controls are.  The picture quality does look better though.  Hope ios 8.3 comes out soon.  I will try and take picture of the music art so you can see how it looks.

I wasn't able to get any album art with Spotify running ios 8.2. I have noticed the fade is still there, it shows at the bottom of the album art where the music controls are. The picture quality does look better though. Hope ios 8.3 comes out soon. I will try and take picture of the music art so you can see how it looks.

Please do take a picture if you can. I'm very interested to see if there's an improvement.

At this stage I am not sure if Pioneer needs to release a firmware update to make unit compatible with ios 8.2 or if ios 8.3 will fix the problems since it is meant to have more support for CarPlay.

So far it has not.  IMO, 8.2 and 8.3 are about the same.  The not needing to unlock your iPhone is the only "big" feature I am aware of that I can take advantage of using 8.3 (and that is a nice one for sure.)

The other difference I have seen between 8.2 and 8.3 is some messaging when I try and access my playlists that are organized in nested folders.  In 8.2 if I tapped on a folder at the root level of my iTunes structure on my 4000NEX nothing would happen and it would eventually time out.  With 8.3, tapping on the same folder brings up a message saying that I can "download content" but still does not allow me to access my playlists via CarPlay.  This has been a problem since I got my 4000NEX and I have been hopeful that an iOS update would fix it.  Something has changed at least - since I now get a very useless message now instead of nothing.  Seems that CarPlay does not like playlist folders inside of playlist folders and expects playlists only to be inside folders