AVIC411.com

iOS 8.2 No Album Art with 3rd Party Apps

Hi Spankey

I am also having the same problem.  I have Spotify and Rdio app and none of them are showing the album art since I updated to ios 8.2.  I have even reset my Pioneer head unit and also wiped my iPhone to see if that would help but nothing.  Just get a blank screen.  I have the Pioneer AVH-x8600BT and iPhone 6 plus.

I highly doubt this is a Pioneer issue. It was working fine the day before and it still works with the Apple Music Player. Something in the update killed this. I'm thinking about updating to the beta for 8.3 to see if this was fixed or a bug missed in this version. 

The pioneer is just plain terrible at displaying album art in CarPlay. The alpine you can actually see it. I can't wait till I can afford to get rid of my NEX.

I can see artwork just fine. You just have to adjust brightness and contrast when in the App and it shows just as good as the Alpine.

I can see artwork just fine. You just have to adjust brightness and contrast when in the App and it shows just as good as the Alpine.

No, when I do that I then get to see some fantastically terrible horizontal grey bars all over my album art, and the maps looks horrendous. The alpine just shows the album art correctly. 

It's something in the default color map that we don't have access to that changes for the worse for carplay. 

Try it. turn on a song and go to the now playing screen and then press the mode button. A split second before the radio jumps to its own media player it switches all the display videos settings to the default picture settings for the radio and at that second the radio lets you see all the album art. 

It's just infuriating. 

I have to agree with DP3343.  Album art on Pioneer CarPlay is awful.  I have only seen album art on Alpine unit via youtube videos and can tell it looks a lot better.  I'm sure when I first started using CarPlay the album art looked a lot better but seems with every ios update it gradually gets worse. 

Further to album art problem, it looks as though it is an ios 8.2 problem.  I downgraded my phone back to ios 8.1.3 and album art showed up on CarPlay, even though the quality wasn't great.  I have tried everything with ios 8.2 to get it to work but it wont.  Tried clean install on iPhone, removed Spotify app and reinstalled to see if that would help.  I even downgraded my pioneer AVH-X8600bt from firmware 1.07 to 1.06 and still nothing would work with ios 8.2

At this stage I am not sure if Pioneer needs to release a firmware update to make unit compatible with ios 8.2 or if ios 8.3 will fix the problems since it is meant to have more support for CarPlay.