AVIC411.com

Android Auto Help

8100NEX, Android Auto pops up for a second on AV screen, then goes away..Its set to Others,USB 2,Android Auto..Then when it may stay highlighted longer, you can touch the icon below the APPS in the upper left hand on AV screen, says something like reading unit or connection or whatever, and it says that for however long my phone is plugged in...2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes.Sprint Samsung Note 3 with Lollipop

8100NEX, Android Auto pops up for a second on AV screen, then goes away..Its set to Others,USB 2,Android Auto..Then when it may stay highlighted longer, you can touch the icon below the APPS in the upper left hand on AV screen, says something like reading unit or connection or whatever, and it says that for however long my phone is plugged in...2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes.Sprint Samsung Note 3 with Lollipop

Try enabling the USB Debugging under Developer Options in your Phone Settings.

That's what I did and it allowed my phone to start the Android Auto setup on my phone and I set it up and all that... but still cant get it to show in the 4100NEX... it goes into a black screen and then it says that it cant run blah blah...

Sammy devices are having issues with connecting to android auto. It's some "feature" Samsung added to their devices that isn't playing nicely with Android Auto.  

Look in the forums on Android Central - there's a bunch of people with this issue... 

I had to play around with it a bit but I got it to work on my Note 3. There were 2 different "instances" of Android Auto when I first plugged my phone in: One that opened when I opened the app on my phone and one that pops up when I plug phone into stereo. The one that talks about deleting all other cars isn't the one you need. I restarted my phone, then plugged it into stereo, the stereo tells you to look at phone when it is safe and legal to do so, then your phone should have an instance off Android Auto that has you going through different screens and tres to get you to sign up for some trial.