AVIC411.com

Where is the serial number on the 8000NEX?

I'm sending my unit in for service and was taking pictures before I sent it to capture the condition (perfect) and serial number, but I couldn't find a serial number anywhere on it. What I did notice is a blank white rectangle label which looks like it was peeled off...I'm hoping that isn't where the serial number is supposed to be... because if it is.... I have a feeling I'm screwed...

Anyone have an uninstalled 8000 that they could look at to see if that small rectangle under the Pioneer/HDMI logo is supposed to be the serial number?

-Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm absolutely screwed. I sent my unit in to Pioneer for service due to the GPS keyboard issue and they confirmed the serial number sticker was torn off the unit and they are denying service of the unit as a result. I tried to escalate the issue and even got a hold of the service managers phone number but he isn't returning my calls... I contacted Crawford Superstore who supplied the unit via Amazon and they were absolutely rude and arrogant.. They accused me of taking the serial number off and refused to help me or contact Pioneer to straighten things out. They also told me they don't keep a record of serial numbers of they units they sell to people so they're unable to provide me with my serial number. Word of advice, NEVER buy from Crawford... Or Amazon... I bought a square trade Warranty since I knew Pioneer most likely wouldn't help me, but I can't even use that since the serial number is missing and they require a valid serial number.. This is the second time I got burned by Amazon and Pioneer. I am so done with both of them... Now to figure out what to replace them with...

I want something like app radio mode, not just CarPlay. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to contact everyone with an update: Pioneer customer service was pretty much uninterested in helping me, not sympathetic to my situation whatsoever and while some of them were nice at first, after they found out and informed me that my radio has no serial number they spoke to me like I was a criminal and informed me I was S.O.L. I managed to get the number of the repair manager and called him every day for 4 days trying to speak to him to explain my situation, since he wasn't returning my calls I sent in an email containing my receipts for every pioneer product I've purchased and a long letter expressing my disappointment in how they're handling this.

I then contacted Amazon executive customer care and they were extremely helpful... *They* made it clear they value my business, value their reputation, and did some things to restore my faith in them. I can't discuss everything, but one thing I noticed is Crawford is no longer permitted to sell merchandise through them any longer. They definitely did the right thing by me without any hesitation; I will continue to be a customer of theirs for a long time.

After Amazon got involved, and not sure if they had anything to do with this or the service manager was sick my getting voicemails from me, they decided to replace my unit after all, it's waiting for me at home so hopefully I'll have time to put it in once I get home from work. I'm thankful that they did this, but what it took to get it done makes me sick... It was a horrible experience dealing with them... I felt like they took bi-polar bill collectors and put them on the phones.. one day they're nice, one day they're mean... even when they told me they'd finally replace my unit. I was skeptical until I saw it because a mood swing might make them change their minds...  I'm thankful they replaced it.. but they could have made the experience a much better one...

I have purchased several Pioneer head units in the past year and was wondering how you faired.  You get major kudos from me for your perseverance. 

FWIW, I took my 7000nex out of my car over the weekend and discovered that there was no sticker on the units body indicating a SN.  There is no evidence of a sticker being there either.  The only places I have a SN is on the box it came in and on the yellow paper requesting that the product be registered.  

After thinking about for a while,  I remembered Dana from IdataLink hd sent me an email when I was trying to install an RR. 

Here's a cut an paste from the email regarding SN. 

"Some early production NEX radios don't have the label. If the production of your radio is before the dates listed below, you need to power up the radio and get the device number from inside the radio. When you power up the radio, go to: Settings> System Information> Firmware Information.

Model number and date 

AVH-4000NEX/XNUC 05-May-14 

AVIC-5000NEX/XNUC 06-May-14 

AVIC-6000NEX/XNUC 07-May-14  

AVIC-7000NEX/XNUC 07-May-14 

AVIC-8000NEX/XNUC 07-May-14"

Wouldn't you know it that the 1ea 4000, 1ea 7000 and the 2ea 8000 I purchased ALL have a Feb 14 manufacturer date on the box.  They were all purchased in October 14 from the same dealer. 

Wow are you kidding me??  So it's entirely possible that they didn't peel the serial number off and the unit just was produced before they put them on! Now I am PISSED. No wonder the guy at Crawford was pissed and yelling at me, he probably thought *I* was trying to pull one over on *him*. Thank you for that information.

So I get home and open up the box, they replaced my 8000 with an 8100! I guess I can't be too mad at them. Doesn't seem like much is different except for the additional references on the menus to AvicSync which doesn't exist yet, and Android Auto which I don't use.(Though I might be tempted to stick an Android in the glovebox...hmmmm)

Thank you for letting us know what happened.

Don't know when the list was updated, but take a look at the list of dealers Pioneer is specifically saying are NOT authorized on this page:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Where-To-Buy/Pioneer+Car+Audio+Video+Authorized+Internet+Dealers

Thanks, yeah I took the gamble knowing they weren't authorized since I got burned with the warranty on my Z150.. so when I bought this one I purchased a squaretrade 3yr warranty... not realizing that the unit was shipped without a serial number..  Now to see if I can purchase a new warranty for this unit.. they sent me a purchase notification as if this was a new purchase but didn't include a price on the invoice..

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased  an 8100 from Amazon last month..   There was no serial number on the box or on the unit but there was on a yellow card inside the box.  When i installed Maestro it accepted the serial number just fine.  This unit is a gray market version..  The only difference i could tell between the Amazon version and the Crutchfield version is the $700 bucks i saved.   The seller at Amazon provided a one year return warranty, no different than $$$Crutchfield.