AVIC411.com

Avic Z3

Hard to say. Some companies are working on their SEMA display cars even as they are pulling them into the convention center. Obviously, Pioneer would have to have the working prototype already done. Besides, I think if they were to show anything at SEMA it would have to be almost as groundbreaking as the D3 was last year.

Speaking of SEMA- if anyone goes, check out a slick Bullitt Mustang that was reworked by Centerforce (the clutch people) for a US serviceman. I've been keeping tabs on it and the story is just awesome.

I wonder if the Z3 will use a SSD instead of a standard 2.5 hard drive.

They use the standard connector, have faster access times and generate almost no heat. They also have a greater operating temperature range than hard drives. Operating Temperatures -25 to 85c.

Samsung and Sandisk offer Solid State Drives

http://www.samsungssd.com

These look very cool but the cost seems to be limiting factor now, ~$1,000. But this will come down in the next few years at technology does.

Do you know if any one has replaced / upgraded their drive with one of these? My guess is no because of that "limiting factor" but who knows.

I wonder if the Z3 will use a SSD instead of a standard 2.5 hard drive.

They use the standard connector, have faster access times and generate almost no heat. They also have a greater operating temperature range than hard drives. Operating Temperatures -25 to 85c.

Samsung and Sandisk offer Solid State Drives

http://www.samsungssd.com

These look very cool but the cost seems to be limiting factor now, ~$1,000. But this will come down in the next few years at technology does.

Do you know if any one has replaced / upgraded their drive with one of these? My guess is no because of that "limiting factor" but who knows.

I am looking into getting one through vendor channels. I do know that Toshiba has already released a notebook line that uses the SSD drive. It only added $600 to the price of the notebook.

There is a Z3 I just installed it yesterday, it comes with google earth Live GPS tracking and sonar. badass!

Take a look.

img75230hu.jpg

:)

yeah right, I don't think Pioneer is going to come out with anymore Z Series. Technology is changes as always and the demand for more features will have to come in a new design. I haven't really looked around but I just dont understand why the Z1 cost more then the Z2.?.

cheers.