AVIC411.com

So what's better than the NEX?

With AvicSync probably never seeing the light of day, has anyone seen any other after market  head units provide what AvicSync was supposed to?  My Toyota's EnTune radio does, but the GPS or absolutely horrid, the screen is too small, and no way to use it while driving... I'm thinking about jumping ship from Pioneer if there's a better unit out there. I'm done waiting to use features promised over a year ago.

-Keith

I think Kenwood advertises something similar for one or two of their units, but my experience with Kenwood's consumer car radio folks leads me to believe that they are even worse than Pioneer.  (Completely unresponsive, and generally give off the attitude of "you already paid for it, so screw you.")

(It's kind of ironic, as Kenwood's amateur radio people are the exact opposite.)

I guess it'd be impossible to help you without knowing what about "avicsync" you want?  The live updates on maps/traffic are easily provided by Android Auto.  You could also get an appradio compatible phone and use waze (or one of the various other mapping packages that are appradio compatible.)

Alpine seems to honestly care more than pioneer does maybe? No one really does. Parrot has been known to be rude on customer support, you just had kenwood described in the message above.

I'm honestly waiting for some kind of disruptive new party. This market is piss poor right now.

Yeah.. I agree.. I really thought they would be more advanced technology out there. Out almost makes me want to mount an iPad to my dash but then I'd have to rely on a cell signal and a ton of data.. I want weather, gas prices, other GPS, and parking garage apps.. Plus any other useless garbage that might be fun

. Maybe I'll hook up app radio again.. I wish I could do Adp radio and switch back and forth with CarPlay..

I mean the radio on paper is a work of magic. That's the thing though. Since announcing it parrot has gone utterly Dark about that radio. No release date. No hint on price. No further demos. Not even a teaser page on their website. That thing might as well be vapor-ware at this point.

God I want one. It needs to be real first though for me to have one.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to pioneers website they have new Acvic units along side the AVH units, like Avic 5100- AVIC8100 and they have button on the side as well instead of on the bottom with both carplay and Android auto

they are no different, the 5100 and 6100 are 6.1 screen and always have had those on the side, the 4100,7100 and 8100 are 7" and buttons are on bottom.