AVIC411.com

Firmware 1.10 is out for older NEX radios

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed 1.10 on my 8000NEX hoping to resolve the issue of carplay quitting CONSTANTLY. No luck here.

Boot time seems to be exactly the same, Carplay seems less stable than it was, quitting after about 1 minute of getting it "working" again.

Running iOS 8.4 on iPhone 6

I'm installing ios9 beta 2 tonight and giving that a try, although I'm not very optimistic as the latest pioneer firmware with the latest iOS release (8.4) SHOULD be the most stable at this point, but at this point I'll try anything- it can't "not work" any less. This unit is expensive and while I get that apple and pioneer may be playing tag with software releases, pioneer IS listed on apple's carplay site as a sort of "official" carplay device manufacturer, so there's not so much room for excuses with these two companies not being in sync with their software releases. When ios9 officially releases this fall, will we have to wait til spring for pioneer to catch up?

I'm attempting to sort out what exactly is causing the crash- something on the iPhone, something on the avic, or maybe some app on the phone.

I think we should all be posting model numbers, software versions etc along with our results. It seems some of us are having no issues with carplay, and others are at the point of it being unusable. A few months ago I seemed to be one of the lucky ones with a system that was working flawlessly, and now, the tables have surely turned.

FWIW- my setup is as follows

8000NEX Firmware 1.1

iphone 6 ios8.4

Maestro RR w/firmware: RR-CHR01-DS

2011 Dodge Nitro- I feel like I've seen lots of issues on these forums with Chrysler family vehicles... Anyone else?

Just installed 1.10 on my 8000NEX hoping to resolve the issue of carplay quitting CONSTANTLY. No luck here.

Boot time seems to be exactly the same, Carplay seems less stable than it was, quitting after about 1 minute of getting it "working" again.

Running iOS 8.4 on iPhone 6

I'm installing ios9 beta 2 tonight and giving that a try, although I'm not very optimistic as the latest pioneer firmware with the latest iOS release (8.4) SHOULD be the most stable at this point, but at this point I'll try anything- it can't "not work" any less. This unit is expensive and while I get that apple and pioneer may be playing tag with software releases, pioneer IS listed on apple's carplay site as a sort of "official" carplay device manufacturer, so there's not so much room for excuses with these two companies not being in sync with their software releases. When ios9 officially releases this fall, will we have to wait til spring for pioneer to catch up?

I'm attempting to sort out what exactly is causing the crash- something on the iPhone, something on the avic, or maybe some app on the phone.

I think we should all be posting model numbers, software versions etc along with our results. It seems some of us are having no issues with carplay, and others are at the point of it being unusable. A few months ago I seemed to be one of the lucky ones with a system that was working flawlessly, and now, the tables have surely turned.

FWIW- my setup is as follows

8000NEX Firmware 1.1

iphone 6 ios8.4

Maestro RR w/firmware: RR-CHR01-DS

2011 Dodge Nitro- I feel like I've seen lots of issues on these forums with Chrysler family vehicles... Anyone else?

Just curious--how much empty storage space do you have on your phone? When my phone had only about 300 MB left, CarPlay crashed every minute or so. Once I cleared it out so I had about 3.5 GB free space, CarPlay worked perfectly again.

Just curious--how much empty storage space do you have on your phone? When my phone had only about 300 MB left, CarPlay crashed every minute or so. Once I cleared it out so I had about 3.5 GB free space, CarPlay worked perfectly again.

I pretty much emptied the phone out when I first had issues with firmware 1.08, (saw the free space issue mentioned here somewhere) and it did seem to help but only temporarily. Currently, and the other day, I had 4GB free. For the most part I use spotify, which I stopped using when the spotify (v3.5?) app update caused carplay to crash. I've switched to apple music as it's pretty much the same thing and found it more stable on the avic (though its apples to oranges software vendor wise).

Why not Beta 4? ;)

Honestly- seemed easier to grab the iOS 9 beta that find an 8.4 beta floating around on the internet on a site with a ton of pop up windows. So I took a shot in the dark and moved forward, thinking maybe pioneer released 1.1 in time for the coming iOS 9 release.

So far everything seems stable, and not one crash or hiccup in the system: 8000NEX v1.1, iPhone 6 iOS 9 Public Beta 2

Haven't tried the latest Spotify app, maybe I'll do that today. I hate to mess with it now that it's finally working!

Honestly- seemed easier to grab the iOS 9 beta that find an 8.4 beta floating around on the internet on a site with a ton of pop up windows. So I took a shot in the dark and moved forward, thinking maybe pioneer released 1.1 in time for the coming iOS 9 release.

So far everything seems stable, and not one crash or hiccup in the system: 8000NEX v1.1, iPhone 6 iOS 9 Public Beta 2

Haven't tried the latest Spotify app, maybe I'll do that today. I hate to mess with it now that it's finally working!

To be clear I meant iOS 9 Beta 4. It's been out a while.

To be clear I meant iOS 9 Beta 4. It's been out a while.

Good question- Not sure. When I signed up for the beta, the update was pushed to the phone, and that's what I ended up with. Maybe because it is the PUBLIC beta and not the same beta used for software developers? 

Maybe it is in fact 9.4 and I'm mistaken, but "About" in my phone just says iOS 9 now. Regardless, it was 9.2 when I installed it.

Good question- Not sure. When I signed up for the beta, the update was pushed to the phone, and that's what I ended up with. Maybe because it is the PUBLIC beta and not the same beta used for software developers? 

Maybe it is in fact 9.4 and I'm mistaken, but "About" in my phone just says iOS 9 now. Regardless, it was 9.2 when I installed it.

If you're "stuck" at iOS 9 Beta 2, its actually a known issue. The MDM profile you installed to get the Beta is in the way. Delete that profile, reboot the iPhone, then check for updates again.

The profile was only necessary to get iOS 9 Beta installed. Unfortunately it's in the way of you getting new(er) iOS 9 Beta updates. ;)

Lots of info on it on developer.apple.com forums, but here's a public facing article:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/07/22/update-ios-9-public-beta-ios-9-beta-4/

Don

If you're "stuck" at iOS 9 Beta 2, its actually a known issue. The MDM profile you installed to get the Beta is in the way. Delete that profile, reboot the iPhone, then check for updates again.

The profile was only necessary to get iOS 9 Beta installed. Unfortunately it's in the way of you getting new(er) iOS 9 Beta updates. ;)

Lots of info on it on developer.apple.com forums, but here's a public facing article:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/07/22/update-ios-9-public-beta-ios-9-beta-4/

Don

Great thanks for the info- to be honest, It's working and I'm VERY hesitant to change a thing. It's been nightmare since 8.4, but I'll give it a shot for the "greater good".  Are you still running iOS 8?

Great thanks for the info- to be honest, It's working and I'm VERY hesitant to change a thing. It's been nightmare since 8.4, but I'll give it a shot for the "greater good".  Are you still running iOS 8?

I've been on iOS 9 Beta since the beginning, can't share details since it is through developer.apple.com (not the Public Beta), however all the builds are the same.

Trust me, if you're on iOS 9 Beta, you would benefit from updating when the new seeds are released.

I've had a problem with updating mine too.

I first downloaded the firmware yesterday (AVIC- 5000,6000,7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.10), when to do the update, went from 0% to -1, then instantly failed. Now I can't get the radio out of that screen (every time I start the car it tries to update). I've tried resetting the radio with the small button at the front with no luck.

I thought it might have been a firmware issue, so I went to re-dl the firmware from the site, now it only gives the 1.08 software (AVIC-5000,6000,7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.08), no matter which link I try (although the site still says its the 1.10 version.

Not sure what I can do now =(

Did you ever get your issue resolved? I have the same issue with my 8000. Update failed. Goes from 0% to -1% and failed. Downloaded the files a couple of times and tried a couple different USB drives.. No luck.

Did you ever get your issue resolved? I have the same issue with my 8000. Update failed. Goes from 0% to -1% and failed. Downloaded the files a couple of times and tried a couple different USB drives.. No luck.

I ended up bringing my radio into a Pioneer Service Center. According to the tech there, there's a built in SD memory card that seems to have become write-protected, which prevents the update process, and causes the recovery to fail.

They ended up ordering the part which will take about 10-12 days (From US =().

I ended up bringing my radio into a Pioneer Service Center. According to the tech there, there's a built in SD memory card that seems to have become write-protected, which prevents the update process, and causes the recovery to fail.

Probably from Long Beach, CA which is where I sent my whole unit.

I filled out a request to send it on in for repair. Now I'll have a hole in my dash for a few weeks.....