AVIC411.com

What is the purpose of using AVIC to USB script?

AVICtoUSB - this script copies contents of iGO folder from device to usb flash. This allows you to modify your particular configuration directly on usb using your desktop/laptop/tablet.

USBtoAVIC - this script copies contents of iGO folder from usb to device. This allows you to upload your changes back to device.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately no :(

Something is wrong. ads255's scripts simply copy iGO directory from and to usb, nothing more. This scripts cannot brick device.

Are you sure you clicked on Copy Script, and not on Copy Device in testmode menu? Copy Device mode will brick your device exactly as you talking about.

In any case, do not worry, with any software failure you can restore the device without pulling out device from the car.

Do you have full internal sd card backup image?

You are right Copy Device.....

Shit...

Copy Device mode copies data sector by sector from external storage into internal SD card. So now your internal sd card contains copy of your usb flash drive.

Copy Device mode will be used by you to restore your device. All that you need - backup image from exactly your device model.

Please read our conversation with ml_homeboy starting from this post: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81468-the-avic-development-mod/?p=337957

OK, thank you. So i have to wait until i get an image for the F70DAB EU?

First of all i will try to get into testmode...

Yes, just ask F70DAB EU users to upload their backup image. Also you can try to write Adam's 8100NEX image into your device, but this image may not work as expected.

Testmode will not work until you write valid image as testmode files located on internal sd card.

All that you can do now - use Copy Device testmode_n.key to enter Copy Device mode (located in nor flash, not in sd card) to copy valid image from external device into internal sd card.

I can understand a bit english but now it is getting hard.

Everytime i try to generate a testkey i get this message:

d:\E\Downloads>perl encode.pl 008NORFLASH003ALL00833333333010MODECHANGE0082013010100820201230000 testmode_n.key
Bareword found where operator expected at encode.pl line 6, near ""en" class"
        (Missing operator before class?)
Bareword found where operator expected at encode.pl line 14, near "<title>AVIC"
        (Missing operator before AVIC?)
Can't modify numeric lt (<) in scalar assignment at encode.pl line 6, near ""en" class"
syntax error at encode.pl line 6, near ""en" class"
Unrecognized character \xC2; marked by <-- HERE after at master <-- HERE near column 41 at encode.pl line 14.

If i dont get it i must send it to pioneer and hope that it will not be so expensive to fix it...