AVIC411.com

Update from Pioneer 'Address Lock-up/Freezing Issue'

so i got the email from pioneer the other day about the firmware update that should stop my z2 from freezing up. in the instructions it just says to burn it onto a cd-r. i know on the bypass update disc, the avics didn't recognize cd's burned by windows. i used nero for the last update, so in what format do i burn this firmware update? as an image? data cd? any ideas?

:!: I just did this and now my Z2 is f*cked up. :!:

I popped the disk in and my Z2 went to a black screen with progress bars and started copying files, finished, and now it just keeps rebooting.

It starts booting and right after the "starting pioneer car navigation" I get "Starting program update" and then "Program update failed - rebooting" and it's an endless loop. I took the cd out and it does the same thing.

Sh*t. Now I've got no tunes. Guess I'll go grab a 12 pack and try and figure out how to image this spare drive I have next to me...

I think my hard drive was failing anyways, It would not boot up after work today and it was 55 out... probrably 70 in the car.

If I put a new drive in my unit it's obviously not going to work because there's nothing on it, but can I download the CNDV-700HD disk (if I can find it), pop that in and reload the drive?

Damnit this sucks

I popped the disk in and my Z2 went to a black screen with progress bars and started copying files, finished, and now it just keeps rebooting.

It starts booting and right after the "starting pioneer car navigation" I get "Starting program update" and then "Program update failed - rebooting" and it's an endless loop. I took the cd out and it does the same thing.

Sh*t. Now I've got no tunes. Guess I'll go grab a 12 pack and try and figure out how to image this spare drive I have next to me...

I think my hard drive was failing anyways, It would not boot up after work today and it was 55 out... probrably 70 in the car.

If I put a new drive in my unit it's obviously not going to work because there's nothing on it, but can I download the CNDV-700HD disk (if I can find it), pop that in and reload the drive?

Damnit this sucks

Same thing happened to me. I guess you tried to update it while it was stuck on the pioneer screen. Well until your hard disk cools off it wont go back the main pioneer screen. So what i did was i parked my car in the garage left the car on for about 20 minutes and just let the cool air circulate and there it was back on the main pioneer screen. I learned to be patient cause i was freaking out.

Now what my question is.. i tried burning this update on 4 cds as a data disk but it is still not working. So what is the trick behind this?

just to make sure but when you unzip it n extract to a folder. U will see 1 folder name AVICZ1_HD1 and a DAT file named Basefile.DAT

burn those 2 as a data cd and make sure there is nothing else other then the 2 items. also make sure that you are burning it as mode-1 format. it should be by default but check anyways.

Make sure you download the correct one Z1 or Z2 just in case.

just to make sure but when you unzip it n extract to a folder. U will see 1 folder name AVICZ1_HD1 and a DAT file named Basefile.DAT

burn those 2 as a data cd and make sure there is nothing else other then the 2 items. also make sure that you are burning it as mode-1 format. it should be by default but check anyways.

Make sure you download the correct one Z1 or Z2 just in case.

OK yes there is only 2 items on the cd. Now i am using the default settings that is on nero. So i am still unable to get it to recognize on the z2.

OK I have an AVIC-Z2

I live in DC. An my Z2 locks up all the time. I have had it installed about 2 months. It started locking up after a long drive, so I assumed it was heat. then again and again it happened. I do have the patch with the two wire grounded installed. Today I drove 5 mins away in 65 degree weather and it locked up again!!! I was very upset so I called Pinoneer and learn about the patch! I have just installed it on my system. It did the updating screen for 92 updates. Then it the loop of saying how the updates failed. It did this about 10 times or so before going to another update screen for just 1 update. Then it rebooted just as it should have. I check the version numbers as I was told to in the instrustions and all is correct. It seems to be fine, but I am at work now and I have not really tested it yet. I will let you all know what I find.

J

try burning to a different disc and if its really hot where your at pull the HD out and cool it down then try the update.

its probably more the disc then the heat

Well i understand where your coming from. But the type of disc that i used worked for the 1st time and after that it never worked again.

I did the firmware update on Sunday after receiving the email b/c I was in the process of sending them back my unit for possible hard drive replacement. Since I've done the firmware update I havent had any issues ( knock on wood). The unit actually seems to boot a little faster. I also have the bypass done and it hasnt affected this at all.

Damnit this sucks

Now what my question is.. i tried burning this update on 4 cds as a data disk but it is still not working. So what is the trick behind this?

When you burn the disk make sure you turn "multisession" off, that's on by default, and click the checkmark to finalize the disk.

Oh, and I definately did do this update when my Z2 was locked up, dumb idea on my part but since it worked I just tried anyways. I think the drive was trashed anyways, it wasn't even warm out. I have a drive here right next to me at work that i just imaged. it's a hitachi drive so it'll probrably have that rebooting problem people get when changing to a non Toshiba drive but it's only going to be temporary till i can get a Toshiba.