AVIC411.com

Ok, I am not too knowledgable when it comes to ICE so I know someone out there will be able to help point me where I need to be to get this fixed.

I just got my Pioneer AVIC-D3 unit installed. My installer made it clear that it is not possible to play a DVD in drive as the GPS knows the car is in motion and will shut it off. He told me that in order to do it, you need to run a separate DVD player and mount a "switch" to trick the GPS unit. I opted not to do the additional DVD unit but mounted the switch anyway so I could have it good to go when I did decide to tget the second unit.

So, for the hell of it, I hit the switch and tried to start watching a DVD while driving. Low and behold, it worked! I drove up to 70 MPH just fine and it played no problem. This was all on yesterday. Today, I opted to move the GPS antenna from the top of my roof to inside the fuse box where everybody seems to mount it. I also messed around with the car "diagnostic" feature (G meter, speed, velocity).

I start driving today and above 10 mph, the DVD player shuts off saying something like "not advisable to watch a DVD while in motion." What gives? How can it work one day and not the next? What is the fix to get it work while in drive? The second DVD unit is something new to me (never heard of it being done) but I'd like to watch the DVD's while in drive. I plan on doing the bypass, but read somebody on here saying that if you have a newer model, it won't work. Is this true?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

The original installer didn't actually bypass the lockout. He just installed a switch on your parking brake which doesn't work after the unit is finished calibrating. If you want the DVD to play while you're driving, you have to do the bypass. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, bring it to someone who will. It's as simple as that. And print out the instructions to bring them with you so whoever it is that you find to do it doesn't try to dupe you into buying unnecessary equipment like the first guy you went to. That's pretty much all there is to say.

And astrobill, go be a douchebag somewhere else, thanks.

HiFiSi: You can bite me twice on Sundays, too...and stop sending me private messages on here soliciting gay sex. I'm not homosexual.

But you want him to bite you? TWICE!? That is kinky. Who Sounds like he has a deep seated homosexual fantasy?

Sounds like time for a new topic because I am getting vaklempt here:

Hedge Hog. It's neither a hedge nor a hog.

Talk amongst yourselves.