AVIC411.com

New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye

Success updating my F9310BT using "ShortFuse"-method and password PASSWORDPASSWORD. Update took around 25min.

Also managed to remove nag-screen using method posted in the Z forum.

Some observations:

* My active application dir was prg1, so had to place patched RenewalIFLib there.

However after the update, active dir changed to prg0, so the patched Navi.exe had to be placed in prg0.

* There is no new BT firmware from version 6. still version 3.32.

I.m happy i didn't flesh out 150€ for this, as there are stil roads missing in my area... :/

@Godzilla: Will be happy to chip in a few coins if possible.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Post a zipped copy of your Cardinfo.cif file so other's can use it.

Did you apply the ShortFuse hack to your file copied from your unit USER\PRG0\APL ???

Nope, didn't tried it yet. I dont have the car during the day, will try it tonight.

Btw, here is CARDINFO.CIF file for update to be recognised on AVIC-F20BT (and F10BT i assume) unit.

NOTICE: I dont take any responsibility if the update bricks your device, since i havent tested it myself yet. 

(Thats work in a progress).

CARDINFO.cif.zip

Success updating my F9310BT using "ShortFuse"-method and password PASSWORDPASSWORD. Update took around 25min.

Also managed to remove nag-screen using method posted in the Z forum.

Some observations:

* My active application dir was prg1, so had to place patched RenewalIFLib there.

However after the update, active dir changed to prg0, so the patched Navi.exe had to be placed in prg0.

* There is no new BT firmware from version 6. still version 3.32.

I.m happy i didn't flesh out 150€ for this, as there are stil roads missing in my area... :/

@Godzilla: Will be happy to chip in a few coins if possible.

Awesome stuff! have the same unit. Might wait a few days to see if someone patches the verinfo file. Otherwise will try this method.

Suksess!!!!!!!!!!

Update complet on f-930bt Had to goto prg1  and change offset. Did try prg0 first, but it had allready been pached? Yes RonS, the file I copied from unit prg0 and zipped down.

Thank you godzilla and RonS

Great news. I'm glad you used persistence. Sometimes you just need to try other things to get it to work. First rule is - don't make it worse. ;)

I want to make sure I understand what you did that worked. You got the file from PRG1 and patched it. Did you put it back into PRG1 or PRG0?

The reason I'm asking is I've found conflicting information in posts over the years. Some say patch & install in PRG0, some say to use the Active PRG directory. Of course, PRG0 has a 50-50 chance of being the actual Active PRG. So that may have worked for many, but not all.

In my case, I've been using this hack for the last couple updates instead of VERINFO. I think that I patched PRG1 last time w/2015 (the Active PRG). So that meant it installed 2015 into PRG0 and that was my active dir.  This time I patched my active PRG0 file and copied into PRG0 & PRG1. And it worked but I wasn't sure whether it was because it always uses PRG0 or it used PRG0 because it was the the Active PRG.

So depending on what you reply, it seems the correct way is to hack and replace the current active file. It would be useful if some other people posted which PRG they patched. Once we've got more data points, I'll clarify the ShortFuse instructions.

Nag screen removed, patched navi.exe v7.0 @ offset BEC18 0500000A -> 0000A0E1, replace in pgr0

(just found the rigth offset then I already saw RonS found it in Z forum so I can confirm its the same offset)

I attach the patched navi.exe v7.0 taken from the 2017 release file.

Nag screen removal Instructions:

Only aply after you have updated the maps!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Copy the pached navi.exe and tesmode.key on a SD (or use Hxd and patch your own navi.exe. (BEC18 0500000A -> 0000A0E1)

2. Fire the unit, testmode will start.

If USER\PRG.FLG file exists you have to swop USER\PRG1\APL\Navi.exe or else you have to swop USER\PRG0\APL\Navi.exe
Remember to delete the navi.exe on device before you start copy it from SD because testmode.key dossent suport overwrite.

3. Then you copy navi.exe from sd to device.

No more nag, and you the latest ver off navi.exe!

RonS

Yesterday I copied from the unit renewallFlib.dll in prg0. Started HxD and found out it had the "new" offset.

Then I tried to update the unit, but it diddent accept the password. Tried to delete renewallFlib.dll in prg0 and copied back the one I had opened in HxD.

It failed. Then I was gonna look into prg1, but I had to go to bed. Today I copied the one from pgr1, it was not patched. Did that, and now everything works!

Navi.exe.zip

AVIC-F20BT Update Success!

So, here is what i did:

First i have edited CARDINFO.CIF.

You need to search for:

OE9R75LQ2MJ2X72EUR

and replace with

X07EURX27EURX30EUR

Then save CARDINFO.CIF and replace the one on update SD Card.

(I'm providing already edited CARDINFO.CIF, so you can just overwrite it)

Then i used TestMode to get RenewalIFLib.dll from HU to edit it.

I copied one from following location \USER\PRG0\APL

Then edited it on PC with HxD.exe and made following changes:

Replaced all (hex) 0350A0E3 with 0050A0E3.

Saved the file, copied to SD Card, then back on HU copied on:

\USER\PRG0\APL

and

\USER\PRG1\APL

Booted SD Card with 2017 update, then for update password entered: PASSWORDPASSWORD

and bam, update installed after 25 minutes.  :cool:

Thanks to Godzilla for providing update files and to RonS for instructions.

CARDINFO.cif.zip

Great. BTW,  that CardInfo patch looks like it covers 3 units, but IDK which specific ones (besides your F20). So - for those who can't get the update to start, you may have to dig a little. I'm not very familiar with the F series, so IDK which models precede the F30.

Psydon, do you recall if PRG0 was the Active one before doing the map update? I'm trying to collect data one which works best: blindly patching PRG0, or patching the Active one. I'm starting to think it needs to be the Active one but need more data. My Active was PRG0 so it doesn't add any info.

AVIC-F20BT Update Success!

So, here is what i did:

First i have edited CARDINFO.CIF.

You need to search for:

OE9R75LQ2MJ2X72EUR

and replace with

X07EURX27EURX30EUR

Then save CARDINFO.CIF and replace the one on update SD Card.

(I'm providing already edited CARDINFO.CIF, so you can just overwrite it)

Then i used TestMode to get RenewalIFLib.dll from HU to edit it.

I copied one from following location \USER\PRG0\APL

Then edited it on PC with HxD.exe and made following changes:

Replaced all (hex) 0350A0E3 with 0050A0E3.

Saved the file, copied to SD Card, then back on HU copied on:

\USER\PRG0\APL

and

\USER\PRG1\APL

Booted SD Card with 2017 update, then for update password entered: PASSWORDPASSWORD

and bam, update installed after 25 minutes.  :cool:

Thanks to Godzilla for providing update files and to RonS for instructions.

Psydon, do you recall if PRG0 was the Active one before doing the map update? I'm trying to collect data one which works best: blindly patching PRG0, or patching the Active one. I'm starting to think it needs to be the Active one but need more data. My Active was PRG0 so it doesn't add any info.

Unfortunately i dont remember which was the active folder. I just took dll from the first PRG0 folder and the copied back patched one in both of PRG0 and PRG1 just to be safe.

Yes, so in reality I only patched the one in prg1. The one in pgr0 is the original file (as mention already "new" offsett)

OK, since the already patched PRG0 had no effect, that's further evidence that we need to get/patch/replace the one in the Active PRG, not always PRG0. I've updated the Shortfuse instructions.

Succeed !!!   I've update my F940BT, I edit RenewalIFLib.dll from the unit end replace it. Than I copy the update on SD-Card and run it with the Pioneer PW: PASSWORDPASSWORD end wait for 25 min.

Offset 000019F0:  0350A0E3 replace with 0050A0E3
Offset 00001A10:  0350A0E3 replace with 0050A0E3
Offset 00001AD8:  0350A0E3 replace with 0050A0E3
Offset 00001C1C:  0250A0E3 replace with 0050A0E3
Offset 00001C24:  0150A0E3 replace with 0050A0E3
Offset 00001A3C:  0350A0E3 replace with 0050A0E3

Now I've the 2017 maps from Europe.

Very big thanks to godzilla.

• Alexei Navalny changed the title to New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye
  • Alexei Navalny unpinned this topic